Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, this evening was good and bad both. Since I had been seeing two nice shooters on my camera almost everyday I decided I was not going to shoot a doe. First 2 fawns came in. Then I heard something behind me. I turned and seen a pretty big deer with a rack but couldn't quite make it out. It came closer and it looked to be a 2.5 year old 6 point. I was definitely letting him walk. This buck hung out for almost an hour chasing these fawns away from the corn. Then I heard something else coming in from behind me. I slowly turned and seen a group of 5 does coming in. Once again I said to myself I wasn't shooting a doe. There was still one hour of light left and I wanted to wait and see if those bucks would show up. Then the bad came. One of the does was the biggest doe I have ever seen in my life. She gave me several shot opportunities and I finally decided I would shoot her. Well, about that time a deer to my left bolts through the woods and down past my stand. Now that I was just getting ready to shoot her all these deer are now on high alert and they looked over where she came from and seen a person walking on the edge of the field. It was another hunter going back to his truck. Why would he be going back to his truck at primetime? I don't know. Needless to say they bolted and were gone befroe I could get a shot off, and that is the end of today's story. Until I hunt again, good luck to the rest of the team!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Fork Horn

I hate to ask this guys but is it to late for me to sign in? I have been a little busy with workin 2 jobs. And trying to put food on the table...
Old 09-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

If you guys will still have me... My name is Kyle Giersdorf and I live in northern Minnesota. I am 22 years old and hve been hunting for 10 years... I have killed 12 deer only one being a buck. I work law enforcement as a dispatcher and also patrol. I am hoping to become a conservation officer within the next 5 years. I got a lot of different land to hunt but I am going after a monarch of a buck. He is 13 points and high tines. I will upload a picture of him from last year if you guys will still have me. I hve been in this competition for the past 3 years and this one will be my fourth. My goal this year is to stick that monarch! It would make me proud and very happy.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get a chance to go out today, but I'll probably be going out tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone get out today? How did you all do?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get out to hunt but I was out in the woods, i hung two stands in different places at a place I can hunt, I am going to let it sit for a while and then go back and see what i can get out of there.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunted yesterday morning and last night, saw 1 buck....the same 7 pointer i have been seeing. Not sure what happend to all the deer...didnt get out there today due to prior engagements, and tonight we had a good storm move through....looks like they are calling for a low of 30 Tuesday morning....so tomorrow night could be a good nite to sit out im hoping. Things have to really start turning around or this could be a busted season for me.....
Old 09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi team sorry haven't been on much.
Five more days to go and I'll be in my treestand, been getting all my gear ready and practicing shooting with my broadheads.
Doing real good too, I can hit the vitals at forty yards if I need to.
Good luck everyone and be safe out there.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son will be going out in the morning but I am working tonight so I won't be going out until the evening.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

This weather is really starting to suck. I probably won't be able to get back out until Wednesday morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.