Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out this morning and seen one on my way back, not sure what it was. I'll be going back out this evening.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry i been missing a while...been running around mad trying to get everything taken care of before i go home...

heading home in the morning...pretty much all packed now...

season opens saturday...but i highly doubt i make it out...got alot to do and gotta get unpacked and moved back in at home...plus gotta get back into shooting and get the gear ready...i'll likely be in a tree sometime next week...

i'll be on more regular once i settle in...good luck guys! soundsl like we got some potential and ya'll got some deer around! i have no idea what to look forward to...noone from home is telling me ANYTHING...me and a buddy are planning a trip or 2 to their family camp and i can hunt there anytime i want...might move in up there for a week or 2 lol...nice huntin up there...potential for big bucks too...but alot of small bucks that might not make it past my stand...love hunting up there...no bow pressure..lots of land...big woods...and the deer respond to scents and calling really well even early in the season...killed my only bow kill up there..only scored 60 something i think, but a trophy to me...id like to hold out for something decent this year, but we'll see what im feelin! lol
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out tonight with my son. I gave him the stand I was going to sit in and of course he nailed a nice doe. You can see it in the regular forum (bowhunting) under Doe down. In the picture is my son and grandson, and of course the doe. I will be going out in the morning unless I can't get off work early. It should be in the low to mid 30's. Can't wait.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it doesnt look like Ill be doing anyhunting tonight. Father inlaw decided he wants to grind some venison from last year and make some sausage and what not. Not that big of a deal I guess. I enjoy working with meat. Besides we have a line of rain and storms that are supposed to move in this afternoon, so probably for the best. Looks like rain Friday as well, and Saturday I have to work and then my band practices after im done with work....seems like im getting out less and less this year....
Old 10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

went out this after noon and sall a total of 3 deer. i acually didnt see any when i was in the stand but when i was walking back i looked to my right. where the corn is about 250 yards away and sall something moving...i then looked and sall there was a fare amount of light left so i started walking towrds them in the ditch senc eit was dry. GOT ALL THE WAY UP THERE AT 20 YARDS! looked up and it was a doe with 2 fauns...both of them still had spots, i could have made an easy shot on the doe. But i couldnt bring my self to do it. I guess i have to big of a heart, i hope u guys would have done the same thing because its killing me right now...i just couldnt do it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out Thursday morning with my son. It was right around 32 degrees with a very heavy fog as well. The deer movement was pretty good. My son saw 5 bucks. 3 of them were 1 1/2 yr olds and the other 2 were probably 2 1/2 year olds. He said they were probably right around 110". One of them was a very cool non-typical that we have seen on our cameras. His right side is normal, but the left side all of the points are growing inwards. Another 2 years he will be a real whopper. I saw 3 bucks myself. 2 1 1/2 year olds and a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 point that would go between 110-120. I think he has some pretty good potential. The first 6 days of the season we have seen numerous bucks. Looks to be a great year. These next few days I only may be able to get out 1 maybe 2 times. But starting Tuesday I should be able to get out alot more. Hope you all get one soon. Good luck to those of you that are just starting this weekend.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well we didnt grind and make as much sausage as we thought we would lastnight. So after we got done at about 4:30, I decided to try my luck in a new spot. Even with the wind blowing as bad as it was out of the east I figured the stand would be ok since it wasnt raining. Well I sat there till about 7 and got a little wet after all and decided to call it a day. I know if I would have sat there any longer a nice buck would have came in and id probably let it walk anyway because I vowed never to shoot another deer in the rain after losing a 190-200 class buck about 6 years ago or so. We searched for 3 days for the buck and never found it....I still look for his remains once in a while, but rumor had it that the night before gun season opened up that year someone hit it with thier truck on the other side of the river. Nothin was ever posted in the local paper about it, and even if it was a road kill he would have made the local paper easilly.
Looks like most of the rain should be out of here for the rest of the day or most of the day now. Strange moving band, rain came from the south east moving north west up through MN and ND and circling back down and around back to the N,NE??? Not typical for rain patterns here.... So if its decent tonight Im gonna go sit out again. I can tolerate the wind but not wind and rain...

Last edited by wis_bow_huntr; 10-02-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

I had my chance...went out tonight where i sall them two fawns looking for mamam or pappa. WELL i sall them... dady walked out of the corn around 7:00 and was walking right towards my woods. (i was in a ditch) I gave him a grunt and he walked right towrds me...crossed the ditch and started walking it right to me. he got to 25 yards and stoped. i couldnt shoot cuz there was a bush inthe way. so he starts walking again stops in another 5 years at 20 yards and.. he cant go much further then busting me now...so i let the arrow fly. and well no excusses but he jumped the string! i was so angry. he was a wide six.. but then i turned around to where he came from and there was a fork and a does RIGHT BEHIND me. of coarse wen i turnt they took off but yeah they were about walking on me. I hope i get anothr crack at him considering they all ran into my woods after that. im devistated.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I sat out lastnight and no more than 30 minutes in the stand I had a huge doe come right to me...the bad part is, she had two little ones with her. If she would have came in alone, she would have been dead. Shes got to be pushing 180 or so, she is HUGE! I saw a total of 5 deer lastnight and she was the only shooter. If she makes a mistake tomorrow morning or tomorrow nite, Im not going to hesitate taking her out.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

went spotting tonite for a little while...

seen 2 trucks hunting on a road this evening and was curious as to why they are hunting that area so hard...usually a decent area...but to see the only 2 hunters in the area on the same road got me curious...

i found out why...seen 5 bucks...every one of them looked like solid shooters..some tall..some wide..some heavy...all were far off and still in their bachelor group...but i know a little more than the average spotter/hunter which is likely what the other 2 trucks were...i know those bucks are all likely living on the other side of the highway and crossing at nite to feed...

i got a pretty hot spot in that area i wont bother hunting till after halloween when the seeking and chasing starts...ive had some good hunts there when the bucks chased the does clear across the highway and through the strip of woods i hunt...and had bucks cruise through looking for does...

so im hopeful that it might pan out in that spot...though the last season or 2 its been recieving alot of pressure from bowhunters...the next farm over has a HUGE mouth and for some reason announces to the world that theres bucks everywhere around his farm...what ends up happening is they hunt spots that they dont have permission to as they dont know that the original farmer doesnt own it...

but that got my spirit up as my best friend thats a farmer hasnt been seeing much...but thats typical till the corn is chopped or picked...right now between acorns and corn, its hard to see deer spotting regularly...

still havent had time to shoot the bow...had some work done on my toes yesterday..hopefully i'll get to shoot some tomorrow...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.