Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are getting a full body mount done then taking it to the Dixie deer classic to show, not to bad at $950 bucks, a small price to pay for a once in a lifetime deer
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Woodline Bucks
Guys, I shot a 134 5/8 inch 8 point buck over the weekend. I shot him at 17 yards with my RedHead XSC33 bow. The muzzy took out both lungs and he went 75 yards before expiring. I will post a better story in the near future.
Woodline, thats a nice buck right there.... Congratulations!!!

Originally Posted by Oneshot7
No it wasnt a bow kill and doesnt count for us, but it was a nice surprise of a gun kill for me. Thought I would share this with you guys. On the other hand I have been very close the past two nights and its just heating up for the rut here, so I got another good two weeks to get the job done here.

Dude, that is a heck of a unique trophy, gun or bow.... Congratulations to you as well....

An update for you guys, it has been a while since I have been online but I have spent a good bit of time in the woods... I met up with SCRemington700 (Dave) at Rack and Wing in NW Illinois towards the end of October for a week of chasing them around. All in all the hunt was great, the weather didn't cooperate in the least but I saw deer everytime I was in the stand... There was one good buck that I had seen a few times but he was never in bow range... I passed a couple that would have been 125-135 hoping to get big boy but the cards didn't play out... Yet a wonderful hunt and a great group of guys, I will definitely find my way back to Illinois to hunt with Dan and his group!!!!!
I also hunted at home quite a bit, with about the same luck that I had in Illinois, seen some decent deer but nothing that I want to arrow just yet.... We still have a month or so of season at home and I will stick it out and might just get lucky!!!!

Best of luck to you guys and I hope you all get a good one!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang, it's all over for me, as the late archery season ended yesterday. Sorry I couldn't be productive this year, but I guess some years go like that. It seems like most all the teams are having a very low success rate, with Woodline Bucks being our only successful archer to date. Congratulations again on a fine buck, Woodline.

I'll keep watching here and keep my fingers crossed for those of you who are still hunting.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

How is every body doing? I havn't been on in awhile, It's been just down right crazy during the last few weeks, work has benn super busy and trying to get ready for the holidays, well that doesn,t leave alot of time sitting around on the comuputer. Depending on the weather I would like to get out at least one more time with the bow after the holidays. I know that there are a couple nice bucks still around. Anyway, everybody have a great Christmas and better Ner Year....