HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 AM
TexasBowHunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Woodline Bucks
Guys, I shot a 134 5/8 inch 8 point buck over the weekend. I shot him at 17 yards with my RedHead XSC33 bow. The muzzy took out both lungs and he went 75 yards before expiring. I will post a better story in the near future.
Woodline, thats a nice buck right there.... Congratulations!!!

Originally Posted by Oneshot7
No it wasnt a bow kill and doesnt count for us, but it was a nice surprise of a gun kill for me. Thought I would share this with you guys. On the other hand I have been very close the past two nights and its just heating up for the rut here, so I got another good two weeks to get the job done here.

Dude, that is a heck of a unique trophy, gun or bow.... Congratulations to you as well....

An update for you guys, it has been a while since I have been online but I have spent a good bit of time in the woods... I met up with SCRemington700 (Dave) at Rack and Wing in NW Illinois towards the end of October for a week of chasing them around. All in all the hunt was great, the weather didn't cooperate in the least but I saw deer everytime I was in the stand... There was one good buck that I had seen a few times but he was never in bow range... I passed a couple that would have been 125-135 hoping to get big boy but the cards didn't play out... Yet a wonderful hunt and a great group of guys, I will definitely find my way back to Illinois to hunt with Dan and his group!!!!!
I also hunted at home quite a bit, with about the same luck that I had in Illinois, seen some decent deer but nothing that I want to arrow just yet.... We still have a month or so of season at home and I will stick it out and might just get lucky!!!!

Best of luck to you guys and I hope you all get a good one!!!!