Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, one of us has to put one down sooner or later. Last weekend was some tough hunting with temps in the upper 60's and 15-20 mph winds. I forgot to mention that the damn corn was still in. This weekend is starting to look like it will be the one that produces for me. One can only hope. All the signs are looking pretty good.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Heading for the coast tomorrow for a few days of blacktail hunting. At this point, it looks like what I can count on most is getting soaked. But fingers are crossed for bringing back a buck.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone I have been hunting for the last few weeks and have yet to see a good buck. I shot my first deer with a bow on Oct 23 a nice little doe. Hoping to go out this week sometime for a few days before gun season starts.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Guys, I shot a 134 5/8 inch 8 point buck over the weekend. I shot him at 17 yards with my RedHead XSC33 bow. The muzzy took out both lungs and he went 75 yards before expiring. I will post a better story in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)-ben-s-2009-deer-002.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

COngrats on the nice deer. Way to get it done! I have passed a few small 8 pointers but I am starting to get edgy. Won't be out until Sunday but we will try and get it done now that the orange army is done.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats Woodline at least we are on the board
Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Woodline...Congrats on a nice looking buck. We are headed out tomorrow for one last day of bow before Fridays shotgun opener. They got to cut that corn sooner or later. The deer just have to be thick in it. Well wish me luck, I might need it...
Old 11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

No it wasnt a bow kill and doesnt count for us, but it was a nice surprise of a gun kill for me. Thought I would share this with you guys. On the other hand I have been very close the past two nights and its just heating up for the rut here, so I got another good two weeks to get the job done here.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that is one awesome looking buck. I would have a nice shoulder mount done if it was mine. You might not ever see one like that again...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang, I got back today from a week at the coast. Whenever it wasn't pouring buckets, I took the bow and went looking for blacktails. Over the several days I was there, I saw quite a few does but only one buck, and he was out of bounds on somebody's lawn. Nice, mature buck, too. So, alas, I have come home empty handed.

Woodline, way to go man! That's a very nice buck; no wonder you're happy with him. That should jump start the rest of us. Looking forward to the details.

Oneshot, that's a once-in-a-lifetime buck right there. You should get yourself together with Woodline, him having his own taxidermy shop, I think. And even if you don't think right now that you'll do anything with him, do the work to save the cape anyway - and perhaps the whole hide. It will be time well spent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.