Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 4 scores talk.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Week 4 scores talk.

Shot my round today did better than last week but still under 400.[&o] I thought I would shoot my round in the beginning so I don't have to see other peoples scores before I shoot and get discouraged and so I can focus more and practicing during the week. Hopefully next week will better.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 4 scores talk.

Man I'm so pumped! I finally broke the 430 mark. I shot TWO 450 Vegas rounds tonight after work in the basement. The first one was 429 12X. I was 1 point away from breaking the 430 mark for the first time.

So I said screw it and decided to shoot another round. I'm glad I did, because I caught fire in the second and third games of the second round. I ended up with a 436 - 19X! That's a record for me.

The final game I shot a 148 - 8X. Everything just felt great. I've never had that feeling before. I wish I could do that every time.....

Old 01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I shot my round yesterday and I shot a 419. I was hoping to get another round in before leaving for Gainesville Thursday. I worked with a guy tonight on my shooting and he took away my Thumb release and worked with me with his true back tension. Man o man, talk about some getting use to. After some 10 yard shots (about 40 or so) I was comfortable going out to 20 yards. The good news about seeing a coach was he said my form was pretty good, we worked on my grip because I was gripping the devil out of it with my thumb and pointer finger, but most everything else was good for where I am at as a shooter. There is a league shoot in Florence where we were shooting and I shot a 273 with the BT release. Not the best but I am somewhat satisfied with that score with the changes in my grip and a new release. I will post my scores before Thur.

Who else uses a true BT release to shoot this league?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

It may be a little premature to jump to conclusions - BUT...

Tonight I put my 30" Super Stix on in place of the little 6 1/2" stabilizer I've been using. It seemed to make a huge difference and I shotmy best score in 2 years.

A little over a year ago (Dec '06) I had shoulder surgery. Boy, that's a long road back. I was finally shooting a 24 lb recurve this past July and graduated to a 30 lb by Sept. Getting back into compounds was a real fight and I cranked my Protec down to less than 40 lb during the summer and could usually hit a garbage pail at 20 yd. Although I've been able to shoot better with it the last 2 or 3 months, I sure couldn't hold it up with a long stabilizer on it.

But tonight, things were looking up. The only down side was major fatigue the third game and it was noticeable in the score. Got 3 8's in my last 6 shots. But I'm grinning; just have to keep working on the stamina.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 AM

Well, my X count went up, but my score was down a little. I guess it's mental, but when I warm up I shoot at a single spot and can drill X after X after X after X.......I even robinhooded another one......But man, you get me shooting at different spots.......BLAHHHHH........There's no rhyme or reason anymore, they're all over the place. I noticed on one of my spots I was grouping fairly consistently high/right so I aimed low/left.....Any guesses as to where I hit? Yeah, precisely where I was aiming. Next shot, I aimed at the X.....I don't remember where it hit but it wasn't the X, that's for sure.....I had 1 spot that I shot pretty consistently, and out of my 11 X's, 8 of them were just one spot.

I dunno, I managed to keep them all inside the 9 ring, which I'm pretty happy about.....It's like, I either hit the X or shot a 9, not very many 10's.....Fatter arrows will help some, but it's not an equipment issue, it's a ME issue. Maybe I'm just trying to get over this hump, take myself to my next level, and it's just not easy.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya Mobo.. Shooting once a week just ain't getting it for me either. Hope to remedy that soon.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Equipment malfunction ruling....(and I know it's not a big deal)

I shot two games, last night, with my new bow. Everything was going along just fine.....(actually sighted my bow in with 7 shots and was finished with my first two games)......then the d-loop broke loose and the next arrow almost missed my entire scoring ring. I stopped what I was doing and tried a few shots at the center of the target. It's off, bad. I'm getting a new d-loop tied on, today....and my intention is to sight it back in and shoot my last game.

Either that....or I'll start all over. Makes no difference.....but I hate to waste 30 shots!...lol

First two games were (I think) 146/7x and 145/5x. Nothing out of the ordinary.......and I'd like to just finish that round.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

In comp I believe that the shot arrow would be counted..if it was a zero, it was a zero. For this league, do whatever you want. Seriously! It's for fun. I already see people shooting mutliple rounds and turning in the best score.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Believe me Bob....if I let one fly I'll count it. But this is truly an equipment malfunction.

Like I said....I hcp'd myself enough shooting a totally unfamiliar bow.....but I was shooting pretty good. No complaints.

I'm getting a new d-loop tied on in a few. If he'll let me....I wanna do it.....just to know.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM

I shot my best game tonight! I shot a 427-14x. I still had a round where i got a 26 so if i bring that up i could have broke my goal of shooting a 430. Maybe next week. I have been doing a lot of blank baling trying to get used to my new carter release and it seems to be helping, but i have a long way to go still.

Quick Reply: Week 4 scores talk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.