Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 4 scores talk.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Week 4 scores talk.

Deer season ended today..... I ended the year with 2 hogs, 3 does, 2 coyotes, and one bobcat.

Now I can focus on shooting my bow for fun and .....

TURKEY SEASON!!! March 15th...Here I come!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

First two ends with the new bow were good. Last.....I had re-sighted afteran equip malfunction.....and my last end's score paid for it.

It is what it is. I shot it.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm down to the wire again!

Who would have thought, that I work in an archery shop and I STILL can't find the time to shoot a round. I'm working too much []
Old 01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got done shooting my score for this week. My groups were the best I have shot yet, score too. I started off about like I always shoot, then I don't know what happened that last 15 shots. All of the close ones were on the right side of theline that game. I noticed I felt more relaxed shooting this week, no tension in my muscles, and less shake in my pin.

Another thing, over the weeks I have noticed that I rarely miss high. If I am out of the x or 10 it is usually low. Any explanation for this? Is it because I come on the target from below it or just a bad hold?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot pretty well tonight. I'm happy with it. I had a couple of brain farts mixed in there, I'm really in that spot where the only thing holding me back from better games is whats going on between my ears. I've gotta work on that. Once I realize I'm shooting really well, I end up forgetting what I need to do it seems.

Next week my score will likely be lower, at least in X count anyhow. I tore the sight off the bow tonight after my game and installed the pins sight I'm planning to use for 3D this year, and began sighting that in to prepare for an upcoming 3D shoot (Harrisburg) that I'll attend the weekend of the 9th. I'm leaving the bow setup with the same stabilizer/rest, etc.....only changing to a pins sight, and shooting skinnier/lighter arrows at around 290ish. I don't have an opportunity to shoot much foam in the next week to prepare, but I'll be shooting the heck out of the bow so that at least I'm prepared and making good strong shots.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Damn rj, that's some great shootin'.....My goal for this season is 445 25x
Man if I can do that, I will piss myself!!!!!!! That is a great score on your part man, congrat's
Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

RJ way to go!

I know nothing about indoor, but I'd have to believe that a 447 would be competitive at any shoot on the national level, wouldn't it? That's incredible.

jimbuckhunter and Mobo, congrats on making your personal best. I had my best game too this week. Feels good...
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I've been putting in 3-4x as much time on the blank bale and with aiming excercises as I have actually shooting 20 yard games for a few weeks now, and it's starting to show.

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I know nothing about indoor, but I'd have to believe that a 447 would be competitive at any shoot on the national level, wouldn't it? That's incredible.
Nooo.....lol. At the national level you better be shooting clean 450's, with a x-count in the 40-44 range. You gotta do it in front of a crowd too with TONS of pressure on you. That's a completely different thing as compared to shooting a score like this in practice, or in a league. I'm not even high score locally in my leagues.......there are at least 3 guys that shoot in my local league that spank me every week. We have already had probably a half dozen perfect 450's shot there so far this year.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fell apart this week..... Not to make any excuses, but with all the running around moving from my appt. to the new house it's been very exhausting. Hopefully I can rebound next week and put up a better score.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, you guys are dropping like fleas!!

Who's still planning to turn in a score?

Quick Reply: Week 4 scores talk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.