Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Hope you can connect 2poppa. Went out to a different spot to hang my trail camera for my uncle and as we were driving home we saw quite possibaly the most lazy hunter alive. he was set up on a water hole on the edge of a cut corn field and not 30 yards away was his mule parked one the side of the road. that thing was nice it was fully camo had gun racks in the back flood lights on top. i should have taken it off his hands. he was hunting like 15 yards off the road up in a tree.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

I was huting this public land2 weeks ago and saw 3 hunters about 10-12 feet high in their climbers (I'm thinking, what morons). Man if they stuck out to me I can't image what a deer must think . Then my brother had a guy on the ground doing some aggresive rattling, breaking sticks, kicking up leaves, just going to town. Well let me tell ya, this was Sept. in Maryland, and It was still hot out, ain't no rut happening in late Sept. in these parts. Yup, Another Moron....

Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow. I hope to have some pics for us.

Hey Darryl, it sounds like you're really on to some nice bucks. Good Luck.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Heading out tomorrow to a new spot..not expecting much but I need to at least try..My most promising spot was taken away...Public Hunting at it's best..

God bless folks,
Chuck7
Old 10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

WEll, it was just like i thought [&o]..HOWEVER..instead of going home..I scouted my butt off. I think I'm set for next week..Looks very good..nice rubs and perfect habitat for deer..3 magor trailsjoiningtogether ,nice natural shooting windows..and I feel good about it..

Negative...if I get one..I got one long deer drag..[]but we'll cross that bridge when it gets here.Any good spot in a WMA will be a long drag..

Positive..burned some serious fat off today..[8D]
Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds promising Chuck, Come on next week!!!

Well today I was after a antlerless, never really had anything in bow range. Saw 3 total, a spike, doe and button buck. My next time out will be oct 13 as I'm going out of town next weekend. Wish everyone luck.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Matt,

I figured yesterday there is no use driving 70 miles sitting in a place you have doubts..SO I prayed for help and I stumbled upon this place..It gets zero sun..It's in some dense cypress and oak trees in the midst of a marshy area..away from civilization..WE will see next week..Lots of hog and deer sign. One tree was the biggest rub tree I've seen in my life..Most rubs in FLorida are 1 inch sablings..this rub was a 7 inch wide cypress tree...I have hope..I plan to stay all day.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Spike

Hey everybody,

Sorry for going AWOL. Had to deal with some family things, work, a vacation that didn't happen and some nasty weather. I was able to get out yesterday morning. It was a new place, we only started hunting there in the spring for turkey. One reason we wanted to go back was that we bumped a deer on the way in on the May morning. So any way i picked up my brother around 5 and we were sitting in our spots by 5:30. Anyway for my first time out this season it felt good. My brother ended up seeing a big doe and 2 yearlings with her but they never got close enough to offer a good shot. I didn't see anything, other than a small spike on my way to my brothers.

Hoping to get out again this Saturday morning. Basketball season starts for me on Saturday afternoon. But i still have vacation days that have hunting written all over them.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

It sure does feel good to get back in the woods doesn't it Jack. Best of luck on Sat.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish fall would get here, i know it says fall on the calender but it is hot and windy. It was in the mid to low 80's this weekend and the wind was gusting upwards of 40 MPH i am sick of the wind and heat. that and it is going to rain even though we need some pretty bad it will slow harvest down. on the bright side it did see a nice buck when i was setting out a trail cam this week. Kreagerm the hunting might be pretty good when you go on the 13th the full moon is on the 14th so good luck hopefull a big buck will give you as much attention as the does have.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

I'm looking forward to this cool weather to get here. When I get back I have a week before muzzleloader season comes in, then everything will change. Usually not for the good, though.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.