Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Well i am still alive but when we were filling the first feeder i almost couldnt stand those mosquitoes they were terrible there was a swarm around all four of us. the heat wasnt so bad once we got in the shade it was 91 when we left the house. we did find a good home for one of our feeders. we are trying something new this year we are using dehydrated alfalfa pellets instead of corn. tomarrow i think that i am going out to my uncles new lease and look for a good place to put out a trail cam. and find a good place for a stand or two.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Been pretty quiet on here, just making sure everyone is still with us . Tomorrow is promising. The land I'm hunting is know for some nice bucks, so I guess we will see. On Sat, I'm Doe hunting, getting tired of letting them pass. Should have some kind of hero pic for us, .
Old 09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Courtesy Post for DoePeeSteve:

He got moved into his new apartment and is "ready to rock" for Saturday's opener. Seriously people, I can't even believe I haven't pulled rank and stole this spot from him. It is in the same area, but in a a better tree, as where he shot his 9 point last year. It is sweet. The only price that he will pay is the fact that he has as good of a chance of running into some bear as he does deer and he WILLsee deer. It's a clutch stand. So,good luckguys and girls from myself and from yourteammatein moving/internet trasnsition. Stay safe and shoot straight.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the update Ben. I hope Steve is doing well and I hope he puts one down on Sat.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Only saw 2 doe today. Sat. is Doe kill'en day about 5 of us going out,so I hope to have some pics of our harvest.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant believe you have waited this long, i would be firing at will if they kept doing that to me. Hopefully DoePeeSteve connects this weekend. we need a deer on the board.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

I cant believe you have waited this long, i would be firing at will if they kept doing that to me. Hopefully DoePeeSteve connects this weekend. we need a deer on the board.
I know they are just taunting me, but now it's time to get even. Really though, I've been mostly hunting by myself (all my friends and family can only hunt Sat.) and I don't want to drag one out, whilecarrying my gear with me. Done it before and it really sucks. So now when I'm by myself I'm very selective, usually it has to be a 8 point or bigger to make the drag worth my while [8D], getting lazy I guess.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kreagerm

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

I know they are just taunting me, but now it's time to get even. Really though, I've been mostly hunting by myself (all my friends and family can only hunt Sat.) and I don't want to drag one out, whilecarrying my gear with me. Done it before and it really sucks. So now when I'm by myself I'm very selective, usually it has to be a 8 point or bigger to make the drag worth my while [8D], getting lazy I guess.
Yea i hear you on the hunting alone and dragging alone. i have never dragged one alone well not very far but i have heard that it is no fun at all. but we have a big sled that we use to haul our goose decoys in, and you could fit a moose in so that will help if i am ever in that situation.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

I'm really thinking about getting sometype of sled to help me drag one out by myself. Even a tarp would make it easier.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Went out Tuesday and Wednesday as the temperatures were in the middle 40's and up to 62 degrees each day.

Saw nothing but does Wednesday ... Tuesday about 10:45am, I had a doe come running straight at me near a monster buck bedding area.
She put the breaks on 'bout 15 yardsaway.
As she stops, she turns around and takes a look in the direction she had just came from. I move my hand to put my release on and this huge buck snorts twice and takes off down in the hollow. He was 'bout 30 yards behind her and never took off until she panicked, and left the area ...

I think he may have had lovin' on his mind!

We have muzzle loading in three weeks ... C'mon Out Monster!

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.