Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Just got back from a long day in the woods. Don't know if I can pull to many of these all dayers, joints hurt to much [8D], getting old I guess.

The morning was very exciting, only saw 2 doe. So about noon I decided to take my stand to a section of woods, with poplar and oaks, along a creek bottom. Well, as I was getting up the tree, 4 very nice buck (all shooters) jumped up from their beds and ran up the hill. I was able to check them out with binoculars and I'm excited by what I saw. As the evening went on, I saw 7 more doe and a decent 6 pointer at 20 yards away. As you can tell my mindwas on the big ones that took off earlier, so a little 6 pointer wasn't going to cut the mustard. So Sat. morning you know where I'll be. I hope I have good news come Sat. night.

I'll get some pics from my stand on Sat.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish that i could hunt all day i got to go sit in class till 12:30 and then go and get a nice sunburn at work. nothing like sitting on a lawn mower for 4 hours 5 days in a row.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went and got the card from my camera and it had 570 pictures on it. most were blowing tree limbs but i got some decent pictures. Sorry about the size i hope none of you have dial up.[:@]

see what tripped that picture.

see that beautiful rack. best buck on this camera. i am excited now! looks to be atleast a 5 by 2

Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like you have a couple 1.5 year olds hanging around. You know there are older boys hanging around too, they are just camera shy [8D].
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Good luck to anyone who gets to go out this weekend, I have a wedding to go to tomorrow so I don't get to go out. Next week I should be good to go though...can't wait for the next hunt, plus weather looks much nicer.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not going hunting this weekend but i am going to check out a new spot for my trail cam. My uncle bought himself a new lease for hunting pheasants and quail and in the process he ended up getting a good deer lease out of it so on sunday we are taking my trail cam out to it and put it on one of the deer trails that he says look like a cattle path.

When i was looking at the trail cam pictures i posted earlier i realized you cant see the buck that i got very well so here is a better picture hopefully. dont know why it is so small.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

He does look like a nice deer, couldn't really see him before. Looks to be about an 8 point, probably around 100 inches.

Hey it's that 100 inches we need right now [8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Had to pull the umbrella out today. That Nor-Easter is really dumping on us now, so no hunting this afternoon. This mornings hunt was the same old story, 6 Doe and 1 button buck. These Doe are taunting me, I'm pretty sure one wants to get shot soon. Hopeothers made it out this weekend, and had better luck.

Next outing is Tue. Going on my buddies property that I have never hunted. I predict I'll see nothing but Doe [8D]
Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going out to our lease this afternoon. we are going to fill the feeders and look around. i will probably die of a heat stroke or mosquitoes. 90 degrees and the stupid skeeters can carry away a small dog.[:@]
Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

Going out to our lease this afternoon. we are going to fill the feeders and look around. i will probably die of a heat stroke or mosquitoes. 90 degrees and the stupid skeeters can carry away a small dog.[:@]
Good luck, hope you see some promising shooter. Watch them skeeters [8D]

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.