Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Community

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Good luck Matt...that's easy to remember..My spn'r name is Matt..hope you get one..

Got a question Matt..
If someone gets a 90 incher and post it..and then gets a 130 incher..Can they switch deer out?

oops ..I found the answer..9. "You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count."
Old 09-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Good luck Matt...that's easy to remember..My spn'r name is Matt..hope you get one..

Got a question Matt..
If someone gets a 90 incher and post it..and then gets a 130 incher..Can they switch deer out?

oops ..I found the answer..9. "You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count."
Thanks Chuck I appreciate it. Doesn't your season start next week?

Old 09-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is what i got off my camera, that is the only one that would down size must be doing something wrong on photobucket. there is this doe and at least two more using this spot who know how many more are in the corn. it will be a while before it is cut.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Yup, you know they're in that corn, bet you can't wait till they cut it. Looks like a nice hunting spot you have there.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Spike

Hey guys and gal,

Even though my season starts tomorrow, I will unfortunately not be able to get out. Work has been killing me lately. I am hoping to try and get out Friday afternoon. But the way i look at it, hunting in the bow only area near my house i have the next 3 1/2 months to find my monster buck.

Matt good luck tomorrow. I talked to my son, down there in your neck of the woods, he takes his MEPS test on Thursday and if he passes he ships out 9/24.

For all you injured guys, hope you heal up fast and are able to get out an enjoy this season.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Chuck I appreciate it. Doesn't your season start next week?

Yes sir...I plan to be at the gate about 4:15 AM to be one of the first at the gate..The first day will have about 50 trucks.[&o]
They open up Friday for scouting..and Sat..is the first day..I plan to get on over there after school early this week and hang my stand ..{ There is a bike path open all year in which I plan to use }I got 2 mountain bikes..

I plan to stay all daySat. because as hunters move about ..deer will be moving about. My shot is down so it's all about getting an opportunity.
Chuck7
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: CtElkHunter

Hey guys and gal,

Even though my season starts tomorrow, I will unfortunately not be able to get out. Work has been killing me lately. I am hoping to try and get out Friday afternoon. But the way i look at it, hunting in the bow only area near my house i have the next 3 1/2 months to find my monster buck.

Matt good luck tomorrow. I talked to my son, down there in your neck of the woods, he takes his MEPS test on Thursday and if he passes he ships out 9/24.

For all you injured guys, hope you heal up fast and are able to get out an enjoy this season.
Hey Jack, Figured something was up we haven't heard from you in a while. Good old work strikes again [8D]. I as well as the team wish your son much Luck on his big test, no pressure or nothing . I'm sure he'll do awesome. If you make it out on Friday, let us know how you do. I look at it the same way you do, I have until the end of Jan. to get the big one.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Ok Team I'm back from the woods and here is the story.

Woke up at 2:45 and actually got in my tree about 4:30, i know that's early, right, but that's the way I like it. So at day break I have 2 Does circlingaround and eating, both within 10 yrds of my stand. They stayed around for about 2 hours and just kept grazzing down the hill behind me. Well about 10:30 i'm getting antsy, Haven't seen anything for a while exept a red fox and a billion squirrel. I decide I'm leaving at 11, so at 10:50 I start putting my things away, quiver my arrow start hooking up my drop line when all of a sudden from behing me 3 doe come running up the hill and stop 10 yrds from my stand. And before I could think there were 2 bucks right behind. The first buck was a long spike but behind him was a very nice 9 point with a split G2 making him look like a Muley. So here I am getting ready to get down, everything put away and these deer are 10 yrds away. I start putting my release back on, I'm able to nock an arrow and as I go to set my bag down (it was on my lap) they take off. Apperently they were spooked by something down the hill. If they were to stop behind me I would have had a better chance, or if I would have waited until 11 like I said in my head, we would be on the board right now. I would say he was about a 130-140 class deer. O well I guess I learned a lesson, and there is always tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a sweet spot where I took the pics of the ones I posted earlier. Today was with my uncle, who saw nothing. I see 7 and he sees nothing, go figure.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

That sounds like a good morning in the woods to me. I am packing up to go Moose hunting and will be back on the 4th.And am sure you will have a few on the board before I get back . GOOD LUCK

Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve m are you going on a solo hunt or with a guide. that would be awsome hunting moose. i found a shiras moose shed last summer in montana ever since i wanted to atleast see a moose and hunt them in the future. Have fun and good luck.

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.