Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

GodSpeed to everyone that goes huntin'!
Our electric has been off for the last several days due to the high winds of Hurricane Ike.
I'll be out in the woods for the next two to several days hoping a big buck takes an arrow for "The Silent Stalker!"

I'll have the full report ...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Everywhere you look in Baltimore County
Is that in Harford County..I'm from Cectl County..Back in our day it was no does and 1 buck only for 6 days..Oould not hunt on Sundays either..this was in 1976
I was a maintenance man on i -95..plowed alot of snow and painted those over head bridges..while semis drove under my scaffling..[X(] ..at 80 MPH
It's the next county over from Harford. I remember those days when you could only kill 1 deer. Now you can kill as many does as you want, it's that out of control now. But hey I like it better now, because I see deer everytime I go out.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Well I went out again this morning and only saw 4 doe and 1 buck (3 pointer). I'll be out on Sat. hopefully we can get on the board.

Good Luck Darryl!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

But hey I like it better now, because I see deer everytime I go out.

WOW I see deer about 1 / 10 times..[&o]..Last year I got no opportunities in bow season...I only saw a doe and fawn afar off. I saw 7 deer after that in gun season.,,and our entire hunting season is 3 months..Very tough hunting
Old 09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ksfowler

Steve m are you going on a solo hunt or with a guide. that would be awsome hunting moose. i found a shiras moose shed last summer in montana ever since i wanted to atleast see a moose and hunt them in the future. Have fun and good luck.
We head up north 22 hr drive and camp out ,It is all crownland .We got lucky this year and drew 2 bull tags (4guys) . should be a great 2 weeks
Old 09-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to anyone going out in the morning. Steve that sounds like a blast.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Chuck, Tomorrow's the big day. You ready?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I was..till my coach gave me 4 tickets to the Rays game behind home plate..for tonightMy stand is in my truck..I'll be at the gate tomorrow at 4:15..AM..I 'm expecting something great to happen..I'm pumped..
Busy busy busy..
Old 09-19-2008, 10:17 AM

I'm back and here it is...I had a chip shot opp at a very nice 10 or 11 pointer w/ a split G3...very nice deer, 15 flippin yards!!! My money stand needed to be adjusted which I did on day 3after getting sick of the stand lean and tree limb above my head. I moved the stand about 6 inches around the tree...tested every angle - I thought.

So right at 6 pm I see good size antlers making their way right toward me, he peeped his head out of cedar cover and I saw he was nice enough to shoot I'd say right in the 130's and he have an 4pt on one side Antler Restriction inMO. I wasgetting mildly exciting as he is just about 25 yards to my right feeding on acorns below. I waited for him to step out for about 10-15 minutes and have calmed. He makes the absolute perfect path 15 yards w/ a perfect blocking view to draw! I draw and get 95% of the way drawn hit a huge limb above and to my right and it nocks me out of the draw valley back to peak weight and all the way to zero draw. So now that needless to say was unexpected and made a little noise in the process. He simply took a jump looked around and is calm as can be. Unfortunately he doesn't give me another shot opp and I am so angry w/ myself I wanted to smash the tree. But he was a younger deer probably about 2.5yrs and I think he'll be back. Looks like the lease I have a some good genetics and should be a good year. We saw plenty of deer and have a lot of good stand locations.

Sorry guys we should be on the board. Oh yeah, I moved the stand 2 feet higher and the 5 inche limb is laying 30 yards behind me now. I'll should be back in about 2 weeks as have weddings and plans for until then...plus seed ticks and chiggers are OUT OF CONTROL down there. Forgot my camera...will snap some stand pics next time.

Good luck to all this weekend....still angry
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

OMG Sean, I bet you cold have just died when you hit that branch. Sonds like you're on a nice lease. I bet you'll get him before you know it. So far three of us saw some nice ones. I have a feeling we might get on the board this weekend.

Good luck to everyone going out Sat.

Hey Chuck, good to see the Rays doing good (anti Sox and NY fan). I'm an O's fan, but they pretty much have sucked for 15 years now [:@]

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.