Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46) >

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Yes, get out there and kill something. LOL jk[8D]
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out to where i will be hunting in a few days and there was 7 deer out in the corn. 3 does and 4 fawns. i dont know what else might have come out due to the rattling struts on my car and the semi that went by as i got there could have scared off any thing else that was getting ready to come out. i may go out tomarrow but that is about a 1 and a million chance due to work and school. it is looking good for my season if any thing else i should have my pick of does.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

Good job Brittany!!! Your making us look bad. That is a great looking deer.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Spike

Hey everybody,

I was able to get out again last saturday. Other than sign saw nothing walking on four legs. My parents on the other hand went to their cottage up on Cape Cod, MA and hit a doe this evening. They are fine, just a little damage to the front end. It amazes me, from my house if you were to anywhere from 1.5 to 2 miles in any direction there are more deer than you can shake a stick at, but you can't hunt due to "residentiality". I was driving home last Friday, there are some old corn fields that are just over grown weeds now that the farm has been abandoned. The town is finally mowing, (i want this guys job, 2 weeks to moe a couple of acres) there are now pieces that you actually see deer. I usually torture myself and drive real slow to see if i can see anything. I am looking then all of a sudden out pops this head with a rack. Probably an 8pt, nice clean, very light in color. I drove by and got about 50 yds down the road and turned around. When i got back he was standing right in the middle of the road. He was beautiful. Not heavy, tall and slender. The rack has very high. He was headed up to the apple orchard for dessert. about 10 seconds later gone in the tall weeds again. And of no camera in the truck. Its there now though. I watch the place i will mainly hunt this season as i drive by on my way home from work. The pressure is slowing, not as many vehicles parked in the area. I really wish i could hunt the town land though where that buck lives.

Oh well the season is young and we are on the board.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Spike

Hey Bob,

Saw your post with Matt. First off thanks for your years of service. What branch were you? I also shoot a Reflex. Don't know what name it has, bought in 2001 for an elk hunt out in New Mexico. I like it. Its a little heavier then the new bows that are out there but when i practice i can shoot groups inside pie plates at 40 yds. It has taken a rabbit (first kill, cooked on an open fire), a good size 4 pt and med size doe.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that i am going out saturday morning i found a spot that had a few tracks going through this AM that werent there last night one set was pretty big. i will probably start hunting hard next week since it is suppose to cool down. But now it is time to go scout.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I know what you mean about the cool weather coming. This Satcalling for ahigh of 54. Gotta get the coverallsout for this Sat. Gonna try the rattle'in bag and some urine to see if I can get some action.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i just got back and if i was hunting i could of had my pick of does and fawns they were about 5 yards from my stand. there was a total of 5 deer at that spot and then i went down to our lease and there were 7 more walking across the field. tomarrow i will get my tags and go saturday morning hopefully a big buck will be out for a cruise.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!! What a thumper...great deer.!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Captain,,we need to get that lady who shot that deer's name on our list..I don't see it.
Chuck7

Chuck 7
DoePeeSteve
squirrelkilla23
Transcendstime
CtElkHunter
Kreagerm
ksfowler
steve m
MOhunting
Justhuntitall

Quick Reply: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.