Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Community

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

ORIGINAL: Zim

This is Yuhong (Rainbow) Wang. I'm using my boyfriend's ID if OK, so I don't need to log-in/log-out every time.

He left post here questioning if we could be on same team somehow. Nobody replied in month. Anyone know? If not, I'll stay here.
We'll need you to respond in and participate under YWang if you'd be so kind. This contest is about building friendships, learning others ways of hunting, lands, etc and not just about antlers on the ground although that is the end result.

Teams don't need members who do not participate etc.. it's about getting to know other members throughout the country and more. If that is not for you, we can find an alternate. You can however log in under two users by using a different browser, like IE and Mozilla Firefox. Firefox can be found at majorgeeks.com under browsers and it's a more secure browser than IE.

As far as swapping teams, I did reply to that thread and it wasn't ignored. It wouldn't be fair to the existing team that Zim is on to remove someone nor would it be fair as a contest as ALL teams are drawn randomly.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

My boyfriend is taking me to New Mexico to bowhunt elk next week. I thought I could not go at first as no green card yet to cross border. Thought New Mexico meant Mexico. Not so. Anyway, excited to go shoot elk. He knows good deer spots so hopefully I'll get good buck for this contest too. I shoot good.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be nice to go to NM to elk hunt. They have some great elk down there. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Wheatley,

Looks like a sweet setup for cruisers. Have you seen the Greg Miller hunt from a couple years ago that they replayed on In Pursuit?

He was in the middle of a skinny finger jutting between two huge fields and put decoys on both sides. He missed one, then grunted another one right to the decoy and shot it on the last day. Pretty interesting idea if you wannadrag in two decoys/bow/all accessories.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was setting here on the ground a few years back when I was just trying new places when the largest whitetailed deer I have ever seen walked up to me from the West. He had a nice drop tine on his right side and was about 15 yards from me on the other side of a brush stand. He went behind me and I got to full draw but there was a large tree branch in the way so I never fired at him. I had another big buck chasing a doe through the south west field and the came right up towards me. However a coyote was coming down the tree line and spooked them the other direction (that coyote is now dead BTW). I don't think I could carry two decoys with me in this place. It is pretty thick cattails out in the field where I park. One is going to be more fun than I probably will like.

Last year I had a buck cruise by me on the north just out of range so I got the grunt tube out and rattled as well. He didn't come back but another buck came in from the east and I was looking west and when I turned back around to sit down he busted me. I love this spot during that time.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

"We'll need you to respond in and participate under YWang if you'd be so kind. This contest is about building friendships, learning others ways of hunting, lands, etc and not just about antlers on the ground although that is the end result."

I do not seethis in the rules. Will mess with another browser try to save default login.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Huntingson may come back with a buck and we don't even have a name yet? How about Team No Name?

I'm still OK with either of the 2 favored names, so if nobody else responds, Capt. Wheatley has my blessing to go ahead and choose. (cough, HornDoggs, cough)

I'm shooting a Switchback, Easton Epics tipped with Rages. I have a few ladder stands set up, but hunt mostly out of a climber.
And I don't use cameras anymore after having one ripped off.

I feel real good about the upcoming season. I talked my Dad into getting a crossbow, he's 74, so it's gonna be great getting some hunts in with him. We have a pretty big lease in Illinois that we will have exclusively for the bow season, just him and I.
There area few others, but they only come for the shotgun season, which is only 3 days in Ill. !

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well how about the November Horn Doggs since everyone likes either or? We probably should have a name before any of us score. Hopefully Jim will have some good luck in Colorado. Although if it were me I would be after elk mainly.

If everyone is alright with that name (Fran, could you change the title of your original post to include the name?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Sure thing Cap!And just what are you going to do about this nonsense above? LOL what the hell!?!

It's been a longbusy weekend for me, boys. Iput together and helda 3-D tournie on Sat. to raise funds for MDA. Morning showers slowed things down a bit but still managed toraise 1041.00 Sunday my local club had a 3-D tourn. (think I took second, scores not up yet.)then same day had a family reunionfollowed by another picnic. Monday was the first day of Goose season and we hunted all day. We got 11 birds down and plenty of missing in between. Yesterdayhunted againbut quitaround 2pmbecause I had to drag my dead butt into work by 6pm.Got three missed more. Now I'm finally home and have a list of things to get done a mile long before work tonight. I just wanna be lazy today.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap that is a lot of things, and good for you for helping out with MDA. I seen something on TV this last weekend on that.

I have been the same way here. I have been remodeling my bathroom as well as another persons laundry room for them. I need to get them both done before I pack up and move this weekend. My wife is packing and painting and the kids are already up in Wyoming with the Grandparents. I am also trying to get everyone up to speed with my current job on all the things I was working on.

Oh and thanks for changing the title and posting in the capt. thread for me.

Justin

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.