Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Community

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

Alright that means we now have all our teammates, except Invader Zim who is hogging the computer from our last teammate.

Lets get the name and captain thing done so we are not the last ones, we may already be the last ones though by the looks of it. You know what that means Jim! You have to be the first one to strike, no pressure though.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all luck this year. Hunt hard, and hunt safe.

Darren
Old 08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats everyone shooting this year as far as equipment? I am still using my 04 Hoyt Vipertec. I did just build up some new Gold Tip XT shafts for this year. I will be using the Wacem 100gr broadheads again this year as well.

Something new this year for me will be using a decoy. My wife bought me a 3D deer with removable antlers so I am going to try it out and see what happens.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard Medic. When you get some free time to read though our pages, vote on a team name. That goes for everyone that hasn't yet. The top two so far are Horn Doggs and Team November. If anyone dislikes the choices, feel free to add your ideas.

I'm thinking Zim isn't going tolet his girlfriend join the team.Also looks likehe's been out of touch with his own team for sometimeas well. I'll giveher till Monday and then shootRob a request for an alternate.

Weneed a captain. Would anyone likethe position?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 AM

Shooting a Mathews Outback with CX Maxima Hunters and two-blade 100 grain Rages. Trophy Ridge site, which I just bought this year and really like so far. We'll see once I get in the woods, though.

Wheatley- Let me know how the decoy works out. You hunting open areas?

I've always wanted to give it a try, but am nervous about spooking deer. I may elbow drop the thing from all the way up in my treestand if it were to spook a buck walking in naturally.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of the area that I was thinking of using it. It is at an intersection of tree lines and there are fields on the north and south of my stand that I can see for about 200 yards in one direction and probably 100 yards the other direction. I hunt this stand during the rut only because the bucks go right through there looking fro does. The green circles are known bedding areas. The red dot is my stand almost at the end of the tree line. I have like two trees out in front of me for cover.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well since no one else is stepping up I will be our captain! Since iI can't hunt very much I will probably be on here more often than anyone would like. (Rather be hunting).

Now the rest of you just vote for a name and lets get it done! Or just get out there and shoot some deer and post pictures for me to see to keep me occupied.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys! I need to postpone my opening day until Oct 17. I was planning on hunting Oct3-5 but my services will be needed by the IL National Guard. I'm a dentist and I provide my services to the military via an Independant Contractor program. I'm not in the military myself but nevertheless duty calls!
I've got 4 stands hung, plus a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on for last minute stand sites and fine tuning. I'll be hunting in JoDaviess county in the far NW corner of IL. It's known for big bucks. My last buck was in '05, since I wasn't shooting any small bucks just antlerless deer which in Il includes spikes under 3". I'm hoping to add to the team totals.
Before the season starts I'll be really busy in my practice and with the military. I won't forget to practice every chance I get!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:16 PM

Gettin Excited Season opens up down here in Ga in 13 days. Lets point some points on board !!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

This is Yuhong (Rainbow) Wang. I'm using my boyfriend's ID if OK, so I don't need to log-in/log-out every time.

He left post here questioning if we could be on same team somehow. Nobody replied in month. Anyone know? If not, I'll stay here.

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.