Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4) >

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Community

Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread

ORIGINAL: irishbownc

That stinks, huntingson, but that's hunting sometimes. I'm sure you'll get a crack soon.
Yep. You are right. In my experience over the last 20 years of hunting, it is a lot like sales... it is all a matter of exposure.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it seems you can get one while sitting on the couch! My neighbor came over to tell me there was a deer stuck in the fence a few doors down. Poor thing broke it's neck a few minutes earlier. Backstraps in the cooler!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Just to let you guys know. I am still alive and, the good part, season starts on the 27th of this month here.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow guys, it looks like I may be hunting this Saturday!
My new sis in law has a little 40 acre parcel in Northwestern Wisconsin.
I found it on Yahoo, and I can tell just from the Aerial, it looks BADASS! Very remote and completely surrounded bymiles of big woods.
I'm leavin tomorrow morning. A half day of scouting the place, and I'm huntin!!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:05 AM

Bye guys, I am flying out to New Mexico. All packed for my elk hunt. Will post pics when we return.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Red and Wang! I hope you two have some great stories to share when you return!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

When are you heading to Montana Jim? I think I am heading back to Nebraska next weekend to work on the house a little. While I am there I am going to hunt in the mornings and possibly the evenings. I have one stand up and I will put another one up while I am down there this next weekend. Good luck guys.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Well I messed up my hunt yesterday boys. Took a shot on a doe and missed. Pffft all I can think was the arrow glanced a small branch. I should have waited.[&:] I haven't seen any bucks yet. Yesterday I saw 2 does and 2 fawns. The land has no pressure though other than me.
Well, I haven't ever given you guys a bio on me. My name is Chuck Jindrich I live in Carrollton, Georgia. It's in western Georgia almost in Alabama. I'm first and foremost a 35 year old father of two wonderful kids. I have a 5 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter. My wife is a wonderful woman who stays at home with the kids. I teach middle school band and design web pages on the side to try to support my hobbies. I've been hunting for about 10 years mostly rifle. This year is my first time bow hunting in over 5 years. So I'm looking for any help I can find to get the rust off and have a successful year. I'm usually pretty chatty but I've been working more than usual lately. Thanks for letting me be on the team. I've got to go to church but I'll be back on tomorrow. Sorry I'm so spastic I'll try to do better. See you guys tomorrow.
Chuck
Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a lot of rain here in Chicago. Food plot is looking good. Opener is Oct 1, but I may not get a chance to go out until the 17th. Good luck to all!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wheatley

When are you heading to Montana Jim? I think I am heading back to Nebraska next weekend to work on the house a little. While I am there I am going to hunt in the mornings and possibly the evenings. I have one stand up and I will put another one up while I am down there this next weekend. Good luck guys.
Sorry it took so long to get back. We had a hurricane in Ohio! Seriously, it was pretty crazy. Ike kicked our collective ass. Just got power back, and since I have well water, I just took my first shower since Sunday. Nice!

We are leaving for MT on Saturday and hunting Sunday-Friday. It will just be great to see a new state. I have only hunted elk on the one ranch in CO since I was 14, so this will be a whole new and exciting experience for me. I'll bring back a lot of pictures to share. I hope your move is going well and you are getting all settled in.

Quick Reply: Official Team November Horn Doggs Thread (4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.