Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Default RE: official team 44 thread

and on the topic of scent control, I'm pretty much the same as BTB. Any thing I can do to give myself an advantage . . . . Also, I decided to give Dead Down Wind a try this season. I used the detergent, body/hair wash, deo. and spray for the first time today. Now I don't want to sound like an advertisement . . .but all of the deer I saw tonight came in from down wind and crossed a path that I had walked 3 TIMES!! I'm not going to declare it a miracle formula or any thing, but in my eyes, the stuff works VERY well.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

take a thermacell next time just incase
ORIGINAL: joshw020

Fellas, I just got back in town from a wonderfull weekend in the woods . Got the last of my stands hung, and somelast minute scouting done, as well. It will glassing from a distance from here on out.
You're right BTB, I saw 5 bucks this weekend and 4 hadzero velvet left. I also found the first rubs of the year. And man, are they running in bigger groups this year, or isit just me?. . .I counted 38 deer on a 3 mile drive/glass session yesterday at dusk. Tonight, I had trouble getting back to my truck after watchingthe bean field thatmy last couple of stands are on. A group of 8were feeding until almost pitch black . . then after moving on, another group of 6 entered. I thought I'd never get out of there, and the skeeters were eating me alive!!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

good means your doing it right. last year both deer i shot at and about 5 up in the woods crossed my trail and did not seem to care. i take alot of care to spray my boots down good. plus i walk a doe pee soaked scent strip behind me. my second deer i shot at stopped on the trail and walked up it smelling the ground.
ORIGINAL: joshw020

and on the topic of scent control, I'm pretty much the same as BTB. Any thing I can do to give myself an advantage . . . . Also, I decided to give Dead Down Wind a try this season. I used the detergent, body/hair wash, deo. and spray for the first time today. Now I don't want to sound like an advertisement . . .but all of the deer I saw tonight came in from down wind and crossed a path that I had walked 3 TIMES!! I'm not going to declare it a miracle formula or any thing, but in my eyes, the stuff works VERY well.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, sorry was away all weekend,, had some old army buddies swing by and we had all the families together,, it was nice. I had the pleasure of meeting up with joshw20 , and he showed me a local bowhunter's club,verycool guy, and if anything comes out of this hunting contest, I scored ahunting/shooting buddy, so Ive already won! as for the club ,my wife and I are planning to join after the 1st of the year. we are attending the rinehart R100 this sunday in cambridge at the deerasic park, looks cool , and I will let you know how it goes.. Also my wife is currently attending the hunters safety course, So it looks like im gonna get her out there with me this season, im very excited, we scored her a 4 in 1 parka (thats water/wind proof) as well as some pants,, was tough though as she is small, so we went with a large youth size, as it fit the best, andrew im not sure how big you are but do you any suggestions on a pair of gloves? we cant find anything her size? just asking...as for scoutign I have let my areas cool,, and other then freshening up my lucky buck mineral sites , I have not stepped into any of my honey holes! the deer have been using this area and I believe will keep coming through, so after the opener Im gonna set one of them up with a ladder stand at my wifes request,,will check in agasin soon,, BT hammer some yotes for me!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys i hang my stand today found a 8 point rack with the skull all intact.
Any ideas what i should do with it was thinking a antler mount or maybe a skull mount if it is not to costly read my post in bowhunting for the story
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Do a europian mount,, you can get the bleaching kit for cheap at sporting goods store, just keep the antlers out of the solution as they will "lighten" up what ever is submerged!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Europian mount for sure.

Any pictures?

Hey guys youth season starts next weekend and its good for all weapons. I finally got some pictures in. No pictures of my two big boys but i got some good pics of some other animals.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3020016
Im going out this weekend to finish the last stand and I will sit in them morning and night just to see what comes by. Might have to try and take that badger. Im not sure if its out of season or not because I checked the iowa dnr site and it only tells the trapping dates of badgers. We want those badgers out of there, I would hate to come face to face with them when im walking to my stand.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

pics here i think i am going to just cut them off. i came up with a cool way to make a bow rack out of them just not sure if they will hold the weight here is a pic of me in my stand

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/bigtim6656/hunting/timintreestand.jpg

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/bigtim6656/hunting/mewithrackfound.jpg

Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: mcorso

I had the pleasure of meeting up with joshw20 , and he showed me a local bowhunter's club,verycool guy, and if anything comes out of this hunting contest, I scored ahunting/shooting buddy, so Ive already won!
Mike, thanks for the kind words, bro! The feeling is mutual. I'm definitely gladwe're on the same team . . . and btw, if you ever want to do a walk/shoot on the course, just let me know.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys just checking in.been real busy haven't had much time to do anything.trying to finish up my honey do list so i can get into the hunting zone!!!! my son and i went and shot our local 3d shoot.that went fairly well.might be able to get some scouting in next week hopefully.great picks pope.talk to ya soon!!!!!! i still have 38 days before season

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.