HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)
Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
joshw020

Default RE: official team 44 thread

Speaking of getting out, fellas . . I wasn't going to go back into my woods until the opener, as to not disturb the area, but we got hammered with 70-80 MPH winds last week and I had to check on my stands/blinds. Well I figured since I was there, I'd camo up and sit 'till evening. Just before the sun edged its way behind the tree tops, I noticed a lone, mature doe working her way down my side of the bean field. She finally scooted out toward the middle about 20 yards from my sitting spot (I wasn't in my blind or stands). Lucky me, because I was only five feet behind the wood line [&:]. Next thing you know, there's a flicker on the far side of the field, and evenyually, an 8 pointer steps out . So after 20 minutes of glassing this guy at 180 yards, I can see that he's feeding his way slowly across the field . . . but guys, he was coming straight to me! It was like he was on a string. Eventually, he broke the 50 yard mark and I knew right then that I might be getting busted [:@].But once again, as luck would have it, I had the wind, a dark background and a little rise in the field, all in my favor. I eased out of there like a cat burgler . Needless to say, I know where I'll be this coming Saturday evening. Good luck to every body!!