Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 24 Thread

I hope to get a 140-150 this year. The bucks I missed last year were in the 130-140 range. Now that I have had time to scout this farm over the spring and summer and have seen the potential it has I will hold out for a bigger buck, unless I get excited and shoot a smaller one.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM

My goal is 140" or better. I am really set on the buck I have scouted that is close to 160.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 PM

Honestly, looking for a 130-140. Not saying their aren't better out there, and there isn't potential for better, but if a solid 130-140 walks out, he is going down.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team "Judo Chop" Thread (24)

Hi my name is Stephen I am from the Bootheal of Missouri. I am 34 years old and I have been bowhunting for the past 16 years and the largest buck I have taken was a 143".

In Missouri I hunt alot of public land and in Arkansas I hunt 2 different tracks of private land that have produced a 178" buck taken by my brother in law 2 years ago. Over the past 3 years we have seen several deer 160"+.

I have a question since I hunt two states and get a total of 4 tags that I can takes bucks with (2 in each state) how many am I allowed to enter in this contest?

I am usually "if it's brown it's down" type of hunter but this year I will most likely be a more selective hunter. The size of buck I will be willing to harvest depends on which state I am hunting in. Where I hunt in Missouri the buck are alot smaller than in Arkanasas and the areas are only seperated by around 15 miles with a river in between them. Got me on why so much size difference????? Given the distance in between.

I hope we all have a SAFE and fun season and maybe we can take it all home.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 PM

Went and checked some cameras today but nothing worth shooting. A few decent ones though...

Old 08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Great pics! I'm hoping to get my cameras out this week and hang my last stand and setup a couple more ground blinds.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pics shawn! and stephen, u have to enter the first buck u kill into the contest and that is the only one u can enter
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats happening fellas. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I went out and set the last of my stands yesterday. As i was walking into an area that i new had some potential, i kicked up 2 bucks. I didnt get a good look at the one, but the other looked to be in the 110-115 inch range, which for where im at is a good deer. There are a few bigger ones around, but chances arent too good at them where i hunt. One thing is for sure, Sept. 13th wont get here quick enough.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 AM

My funnel spot is done. It is my go-tospot. This weekend when we go out dove hunting I am going to run cams and then check a place by one of our peanut fields where I have been seeing some tracks. It is about a quarter mile from where my youngest son killed his nine point on my sister-in-laws land last year. Might be a place there I can set up to use my Ambush Saddle. Got aanother spot I need to check also (wheat and peanuts), but no trees there (at least on our property) so it would have to be a ground blind with a long walk in. Might have potential though, need to glass it in the eveings a time or two.

Getting serious about my practice now. In the evenings I wander around the yard, shooting from every angle, changing angles on my 3-D target. I make myself kneel down, or shoot around branches, partially obscured targets, etc. Been doing most of it with broadheads, but my targets won't last at this rate.Gonna have toswap back to field points, and just keep shooting enough broadheads to make sure nothing changes.

My setup is a 2005 Bowtech Tomkat, 60# @ 28" DL. Arrows are Easton Epics with Blazers and 125 grain Slick Trick Magnums. Smooth and quiet, but no speed demon. All of my treestands, both ladders and hang-ons, are home built, welded steel tubing. Trailcams are homebrews using Yeticam boards and either Sony or Olympus cameras. In fact, most of what I use is home made or built or modified. I am an unrepentant tinkerer.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

alrite guys! hope everyone has a great season and smokes a giant! hey does anyone know how we can get those really cool avatars done for oue team?

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.