HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Critr-Gitr

Default RE: Official Team "Judo Chop" Thread (24)

My funnel spot is done. It is my go-tospot. This weekend when we go out dove hunting I am going to run cams and then check a place by one of our peanut fields where I have been seeing some tracks. It is about a quarter mile from where my youngest son killed his nine point on my sister-in-laws land last year. Might be a place there I can set up to use my Ambush Saddle. Got aanother spot I need to check also (wheat and peanuts), but no trees there (at least on our property) so it would have to be a ground blind with a long walk in. Might have potential though, need to glass it in the eveings a time or two.

Getting serious about my practice now. In the evenings I wander around the yard, shooting from every angle, changing angles on my 3-D target. I make myself kneel down, or shoot around branches, partially obscured targets, etc. Been doing most of it with broadheads, but my targets won't last at this rate.Gonna have toswap back to field points, and just keep shooting enough broadheads to make sure nothing changes.

My setup is a 2005 Bowtech Tomkat, 60# @ 28" DL. Arrows are Easton Epics with Blazers and 125 grain Slick Trick Magnums. Smooth and quiet, but no speed demon. All of my treestands, both ladders and hang-ons, are home built, welded steel tubing. Trailcams are homebrews using Yeticam boards and either Sony or Olympus cameras. In fact, most of what I use is home made or built or modified. I am an unrepentant tinkerer.