Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 09-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Shawn- I am in a one buck county here in Texas, so I can only shoot one in this county. However, Texas has a limit of five deer, three bucks and two does, plus one mule deer buck. Sooo, I can shoot a whitetail buck here, and two does. Then I could also shoot a mulie buck here, but I really don't have a place to hunt them. They are not all over the county like whitetails are, even though we have some really good ones. I could also go to another one buck county and shoot another buck, and on to a third one buck county and shoot another. Or go to the Hill Country and shoot all three in one county. I know, it is confusing, but the way it is. My boys hunt also, and we can run out of freezer space real quick, if you know what I mean. I shoot some does for folksI know who can use the meat. They tell me they want one, and I tell them when I am going, and if it lines up right I shoot them one, tag it, and donate it. All legal.

We have some really good bucks around here, but I am kind of low on hunting spots right now. Lease rates have exploded, taking nearly all of the old "hunt by permission" land off the market for the guy who doesn't have alot of cash in his pocket. I am constantly looking for these little forgotten corners that are too small to lease that people overlook. There can be some awesome hunting in them at times, but you have to keep the pressure light. We have land, but it is all farmland under cultivation, and hunting on it is minimal at best, and even that would be with a rifle in the last minutes of shooting light. My little hidey-hole spot I am working now belongs to my brother-in-law. Most of his land is leased, this place is just too small and falls under the radar. It is an awesome funnel, and he just doesn't understand it, he's not a hunter.Fine with me, I ain't gonna rock the boat.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Here are some pics dad got out at his lease the other day. All of these came in one week. You can see why I wish I was still out there, it's only 13 miles from the house.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM

another

Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM

another

Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM

last one

Old 09-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW nice pics!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM

Nice bucks everyone! Best of luck with them!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 PM

Critr-Sounds a little confusing but I understand lol. I did not realize Texas regulations were like that. Your deer are looking pretty impressive. I was really impressed with the body size on the largest buck. Hope you get him!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 AM

Shawn, I hope my dad gets him, those pics are out on his lease. I can't afford to be out there anymore since the guy upped his price. Where I am hunting is about 3 miles from there.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, how you all doing. Got back from St Thomas last night and it was a blast. We ended up catching 14 blue marlin which ranged from 80-450 pounds. The weather was great and the seas were calm, it was a great trip. We actually tagged and released one marlin with a satellite tag which isprogramed to pop off in 10 days so it will be interesting to see where the fish traveled post release.

Now on to hunting. The deer are all over the place by me, ill be out tomorrow morning for the first sit of the season. I have to shoot a doe first to earn by buck tag. As long as the wind stays the same way, which its supposed to, i should have a good shot at getting a crack at a doe. Man i cant wait. There are also some good bucks running around, so knowing my luck, ill be covered with bucks tomorrow with no does in sight. Oh well, time will tell. Ill check in and let you all know how i made out.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.