Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Onll 9 more days and I'll be in the woods with bow in my hand!! Opening dayI'll be hunting public land with a couple of friends. This is the first year for one guy and the second year for the the other guy. I've hunted this public land a lot until I got access to a farm so I told them I'd go out with them and show them what I think are some good areas for them. I did this last year with another guy and had a great morning seeing 11 doe in the first 30min of light and took a big doe and the other guy saw 4 and missed one.

Good luck to everyone!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

smoked a doe last night at 3 yards lol, she only went 40 yards, now i just got to get my buck!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Steve, great job.

I hunted sat morning and saw 2 doe and a fawn, along with 4 turkey. Unfortunately nothing was in range. Ill be back out at it this week. Hopefully ill see alittle more action.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 AM

I hunted my butt of this past week. I haven't seen a shooter from the stand but have seen this same shooter 8 twice now while driving out of a porperty. I may hunt him next weekend but I need to leave that land alone for a little while. I will hunt around my house this week and might get a shot at this 10 thats been hanging around. If not, I am going to take my frustration out on a doe before too long
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Congrats on the doe Steven.

Keep after it Shawn, the season is early. Around here I don't even get too serious about it untill the second or third week in November.

My season opens this Saturday, and I promise you I will be out there for a sit. Really want to try and bust up on the turkeys here early season.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Congrats on the doe Steve. Any pics?

I'm still waiting on Oct. 4th.[&o]
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done steven! I've been working my rear off. I missed out on the majority of my Elk hunt but I flew up for a couple of days with the buddies. I'm ready for Oct. 1!!! Keep it up guys, I'll be a little more active from here on out!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i went on my second hunt of the season this morning. Went into one of my better spots with high expectations hoping to get my doe out of the way so i can start hunting the bucks. Everything was perfect, i was up in the stand at and situated by 5:45 and waited for first light around 6:30. Wind was perfect and light and the temp was cool, i was expecting to see deer at any moment but it wasnt meant to be. The squirrels kept me on my toes, i saw dozens of um, but not a single deer. Maybe next time. Im thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM

Got a new recipie for jalepeno and cheddar deer sausage a couple days ago and ran a test batch of it Monday night. Cooked some of it last night on the grill with some apricot wood, and Holy Smokes! That was some of the best deer sausage I have ever had. Recipe came from a South Texas boy that works for a sausage company and has a degree in processed meats. Brought some to work this morning and it got rave reviews. Couple of the guys told me they would pay me to make them some. Wish I could e-mail you guys some, it was awesome.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just checking in. Ill be out the door in about a half hour for an afternoon sit. Hopefully this storm that is coming in will have them on the move. We will find out soon enough. The plan is to go sit on an oak ridge and hopefully get a shot at a doe, i still dont have the buck tag[:@]. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.