Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 09-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

good luck man!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Good luck man!

I got a week from Saturday until my season starts. The weather is actually starting to feel like hunting season. I love it!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just an update, didnt see a single deer last night. Im not beginning to think that the very little i knew about deer hunting is way off. My 2 best spots and not a single deer seen. Oh well, looks like tomorrow is a wash out, but ill be back after them once this rain stops.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 PM

The truck is loaded except for my bow and 4 wheeler. I will putthem in when I get home from work, then go to my sons football game. Will head out in the morning and see what is happening out in the funnel. Lots of turkeys moving through there, will probably try and bust a good gobbler. Too early for a doe, still have some venison left in the freezer, but we are knocking it down quick. Will be ready for that here in a few weeks. May get lucky on a summertime pattern buck, but not real hopeful. The good hunting will come in 4-5 weeks.

I know one thing, it will feel dang good just to get out there in a tree! I will have to wear my bug tamer, and maybe thermacell too. The skeeters are fierce! Everyone have a good one, we need some LDP's (laying down pic's)
Old 09-27-2008, 10:03 AM

Hunsucker and I went out and smoked a couple nanny's last night!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3063713
Old 09-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome congrats shawn!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:01 PM

Nothing down here. Had bucks by my stand when I got there in the dark, but they didn't spook much and came back in. Nothing special, all little stuff. Watched two forkies push each other around underneath my stand in the dark. One 2.5 year old 8 pointer, nice young deer, just not there yet. Had a doe and fawn come in, had her dead to rights at 15 yards, all the time in the world, but like i said, not ready for a nanny yet. She got a free pass today.

Turkeys were coming in,I could hear them coming throught the woods, but they got ambushed by a bobcat! I saw him run across an opening about 45 yards out, headed their way, and a minute or two later all hell breaks loose and they take off. I tried to call him in with my fawn bleat, but no dice. I see a bobcat or two every year in there, just waiting for the day I bust one with my bow. If I would have thought about it sooner I might would have tried a shot, but it happened too fast and I didn't know the range untill afterwards. I may have to borrow dads foxpro and see if I can call him up witha woodpeckerdistress or something.

Foodplot is looking good, had a doe in on it as late as 10:15. May try it again tomorrow eveing, looks like that is when the turkeys are really going in there.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shawn, great work on the doe. My weekend was a washout. Ill be back at it tomorrow morning, keep those fingers crossed that i can get my doe. Havent seen much yet, but it will happen sooner or later.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Good job Shawn!

I went back out again Sunday evening, had quite a few deer around/under me. There were two bucks, a six and a seven, both too young. There were also two does, and three fawns. Had lots of good shots, didn't attempt anything.

The turkeys came in, but I got busted by them. I swear, I think turkey are way tougher than deer. There's always a bunch of them, and at least two are always looking. Probably doesn't help that there is a bobcat trying to wear them out in there, I imagine that adds to them being so on edge. Had them within range, they just busted me.

Skeeters are vicious!!! I am wearing my Shannon Bug-Tamer, and running my thermacell. They weren't too bad in the morning, but were out in force in the evening. I am ready for it to get cold and things really start kicking in. Probably won't hunt next weekend, have to gostart looking forshowpigs for the boys.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Only 7 hours and I'll be in the woods! Good luck to everyone.

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.