Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24) >

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Community

Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Mine is the 29th. I will probably hunt a couple times early just to see if I can catch anything on an early pattern, then I will leave it alone untill just before the rut in mid November.

Went out and slayed the doves again this weekend, 15 birds, 29 shots. Put the filleted breastson some kabobs with some backstrap and some jalapeno and cheese sausage. A little special dry rub, and then grilled and served with bbq sauce, fresh corn-on-the-cob,and an ice cold beverage. Excellent.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, your making me hungry, good thing its almost lunch.

Anyhow, just checking in one last time before heading off tomorrow morning to do some serious fishing. Not too much has been new or exciting in terms of my hunting season, no new sightings or anything like that. My uncle says that he has seen a big buck in his back yard that is eating one of his bushes and ripped apart one of his trees. I gave him my trail camera to try to catch a glimpse of it. He doesnt know much about deer or hunting so a big deer for him might not be all that big, but we will see. Anyhow, ill be gone till next thursday and will then start up my season on friday. Everyone take care and stay safe. Ill check in from down there if i have internet, but thats not certain yet, its normallya shotty connectionwhere we stay.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:12 AM

Good luck, catch a big-un.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 AM

Got some Oats and Austrian Winter Peas in the ground last night, looks like we are going to have a wet fall, maybe. Had good soil moisture and a predicted to have a good chance of rain the next two days, and then again early next week after Ike comes ashore in south Texas.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 PM

We are having a really wet month so far and our food plots are going nuts. Mine are already 6 inches+
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 PM

My brassicas have been in a couple of weeks, but they are just kind of hanging out, a couple inches tall. They need something to eat, and it was leftover seed from last year. I haven't fertelized like I should this year either. It has been hot and dry, and my tractor has been down, doing everthing with a 4 wheeler, just haven't really worked them like I should. Next year will be different, I will get in there in the spring with the tractor, clear some new ground, and really start working my program the way I should. Tractor should be out of the shop in the next week or two, I was having the motor rebuilt, but it will be too late for this year.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Smluchtel

We are having a really wet month so far and our food plots are going nuts. Mine are already 6 inches+
yea same here
Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 AM

51/2"+ rain on my new plots since moring yesterday. Glad I haven't fertilized yet, would have leached right out in my sandy soils. Maybe this weekend after it backs off a little I can go in. Glad my plot is really flat, otherwise it would have washed the seed right out. It should explode out of the ground now though. Need it to clear off and get some heat.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 AM

Ya we are getting hit with these heavy rains right now and iI am wishing it would quit lol. I have a lot of plots in a creek bottom where I will be hunting Monday afternoon. I am just hoping it doesn't flood down there then all the deer will be pushed out.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 AM

I finally got pics of the big one I have been after that I have footage of in July. This is the deer I will be after on Monday!

Quick Reply: Official Team Judo Chop Thread (24)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.