Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 10-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Andy, good luck wherever you are.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Not much luck in western PA yet. I've been seeing the same three does all week and a bunch of squirrels. Tomorrow I'm headed to a different part of the woods. Hopefully I'll see some antlers.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats on getting us on the board! Sorry I've been out of touch....but I AM hunting, hard.

I could have added to our total, tonight.....but neither deer was anything I was looking for. Buck sightings here are few and far between.....but I had a cool 2.5 yr old and a VERY nice 1.5 yr old come in, tonight. I just watched.

I've been out 23 times, already.....and I'll be hunting hard the next few days. Wish me luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing yet for me either. I've seen some does, but so far nothing with antlers. Word has it that there is a big eight point roaming the property, and I'm starting to see some rubs. The next chance I'll have to get out will be on Friday, but I'll probably spend that time looking for fresh sign and get a long morning hunt in on Saturday morning.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Got Out Finally

Got out last night after hanging 2 stands in a spot for the rut, then headed overto my place where I had all the pictures of the good bucks on my cams. Well it was late before I heard the 1st of the leafs starting to crunch.
My eyes were straining to see who the culprit was, It was 6:45 and just about out of light and I couldn't see a thing past 15 yards. Finally I see the tail, the buck came into my ratteling on the rush. Trouble was he came in on the wrong side of the willows,it was the 7x5 170ish buck and he was looking to scrap. He snorted twice and stood still, sniffing to see who it was who was fighting. He tore up almost a 3rd of the willows the size of a garage then walked of out to the field. I came to full draw 3 times hoping he would take the step out into the open.Not this time.
Got out again tonight at a different location and man the scrapes are appering ever where, on my walk in. Again nothing till almost dark when I heard the crash of a deer hopping the fence, but he didn't show up and then a bunch of yotes started to show up,3 in all and 2 were with in 50 yards of me downwind.I ranged him at 42 yards and made the shot, he sidesteped one step and fell over. What an awsome coat they all had for this early in the season. I threw him over the fence on my way out. Birds will make short work of him and hopefully the rest of the yotes will stay away for awhile. Farmer can't stand them,says there the worst in 20 years and wants all of them dead, LOL..Probably won't get out till Saturday now, hope everyone is doing good. Wish I could get our team sign to work. Da! LOL.
Rocky

Old 10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. The actions startin to pick up a lil bit here in Indiana. The past few days it's been in the forty's every night. I finally saw a buck fri morning but it was just a young one. But thats a good sign there finally starting to move. I think by thurs and fri there will be all kinds of buck sign. I've only found one scrape so far. The new moon starts thurs and i think a lot of the corn fields will hopefully be shelled by then. I'll be posting a big buck soon!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Brent, Rocky, Jim - keep up the efforts, good luck to ya!

I just got backfrom Texas, a great (non-hunting) trip down there. I had the wife with me, and we took some side trips to the National Wildlife Refuges to hike/bird watch. One of those hikes, I was closely following her on an overgrown trail whenshe stepped over an unseen cottonmouth. Fortunately, she missed stepping on the snake, and the snake went into a defensive posture instead of striking out. What an adrenaline rush!

I'll be hunting a lot starting this week.

-fsh

Old 10-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys added the score for my buck he groosed 119 1/8 so we got some points
Old 10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

MDBH - thx for pulling usout of the cellar.

I scouted a bit today (no Sunday hunting in MD), and saw a lot of fresh scrapes. The weather is cooling off and lifecould get interesting this week.Here is an interesting pic offone of the motion cameras while I was gone - this buck really wanted to get at that licking branch, lol; decent-sized scrape there.
-fsh

Old 10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Way Da Go Chris

Well I got out tonight as were now open for Sunday hunting up here as their are way to many deer. I tried the spot where I hung the 2 stands last week and took a freind. I saw9 does ,all mature and 6 bucks. The bucks I could have shot each one as thay all tended the scrape as they went past me to the fields.
The best buck was a 5x5 140ish buck that I drew on but decided to let it walk.. I also had a yote walk by but with out offering me a shot and as I walked out I had a bull moose at 40 yards but it was way to dark to shoot. My partner in my other stand saw 8 does ,so sounds like this is going to be a hot spot come the rut. Last year when Iscouted this feild I counted 46 does on it. I'll have to keep my thumbs crossed for success, LOL .
Rocky

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.