Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Chris
Tell me how close I am on the score
inside Sp 18
Lmb 20 Rmb 20
p1 8 4
p2 8 6
p3 88
p4 1
c1 6 3
c2 4 3
c3 3 3
c4 2 1/2 2 1/2
Total 60 1/2 49 1/2
128GScore
Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Nice to come back from a short ("kitchen pass", lol) trip and see Chris has put us on the board. Congrats on the nice buck Chris!
& a well done to you Brent on getting that doe.

-fsh
Old 10-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I got an email tonight from a neighbor to some property I hunt. He saw one of the v.nice bucks we've been monitoring head into my stand area this evening. Just readingthe email jumpedmy heart rate a few notches, lol...This buck has unbelievable bases - or a very small skull (pm me if you want to see his pic). It'll be a few days before I can get back there.

Good luck guys, keep up the efforts.

-fsh
Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, I don't have much to say about the opener this weekend. I really enjoyed gettin back out in the woods, but I only saw three squirrels and a cat all day long, not a single deer. But there are some rubsaround my stand and my buddy said he saw a nice 8 about 200 yards away, so I'm gonna keep at it. Also, no hunting allowed on Sunday in PA.[:@]

I've been incredibly busy lately with school, homework/projects, trap shooting, and various other activities, so I havn't been on much. Anyway, congrats to all those who have gotten deer, and congrats MDbowhunter on that brute of a buck![8D]
Old 10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I just dropped him off to get mounted .Once he capes him out I will pic up the rack and score it Young you are about right on we did a rough score before I skinned him out and came up with 124 dropping down to the nearst inch .
Old 10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

My eldest son has now got into archery in a big way and was more than eager to cozy into one of my favorite hauntsSunday morning. We took a back door in so that we wouldn't leave a scent trail where it mattered. In the dark, I set him up behind a big yellow pine overlooking the intersection of 2 trails 20 yards away. Then I slipped out and went to another good spot about 300 yards farther on.

At first light, a doe headed up the hill to the west of both of us, then more on scattered trails. Before I realized they were there, 8 does and fawns were coming right at me from a copse of trees below. I had to plaster myself against the trunk of the pine that I was hiding behind as they leisurely worked their way past as near as 15 yards.

When I was able to resume normal scanning posture, I was able to see a number of does and 3 bucks heading up the trail straight toward my son's stand location. They disappeared from my view as they neared his position and I waited anxiously for the shot that would scatter most of them back down the hill. Sure enough, 2 does and 2 bucks suddenly came scooting around the hillside right toward me. But they veered off about 60 yards away and headed up the slope.

Once all had calmed down and it appeared that the morning activity was about done, I headed for my son's stand. He came out from behind the tree as I approached and the first thing I saw was his quiver, still with a full compiment of arrows. "You sure got them bucks stirred up," says I. "There was bucks here?" he replied. Turns out he decided to go exploring and missed all the action, except that he spooked the deer toward me when he returned to his assigned ambush site. Ah, the impatience of youth. Methinks he learned a bit about bow hunting just then.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Typical Buck

Good story Jack. I suffered too from the "grass is greener somewhere else" syndrome, as I guess most of us have.
I was planting fall plots yesterday, and shouldget back in the saddle this afternoon.
Good luck all.

-fsh
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a basket 6 this afternoon, and had a doe at 12 yds - but she stayed behind a holly tree from me and was spared. Isawthe v.nice 15ptrthat a friend killed thisevening - sorry, no pics.Imagine a 12" inside spread rack from a ~5 1/2 yr buck whose antlers look like they came from a moose. Heavy duty palmation; a very unique rack - if I get a pic, I'll post it.

-fsh
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

I'll look forward to seeing that pic, fsh; sound awesome.

I didn't drag myself out of bed this morning, but had an interesting time yesterday. Around 20-25 does/fawns came up the hill from 100 to 200 yards away during the first hour of good daylight. Finally a buck headed up my way but veered off at 75 yd. Once he was gone, I gathered up my gear and stepped out from behind my tree, right into the faces of 6 more deer. Talk about rookie! A couple caught me just as I screeched to a stop, but none bolted. After a few minutes, they resumed feeding and I slipped out once they had worked over the crest of the ridge.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

I gave a few does a pass the last couple of days, but the bucks have been somewhat scarce except for this guy, who's been showing up inthe daylighton a regular basis- I'm hoping he'll be around next year.
I'll be out of touch for a while, good luck to you all.
-fsh

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.