Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Ok gentlemen I'm leaving for Ohio in a few hours. Last minute packing and a few other business things to go over. In all I have no expectations on how this hunt is going to go. Fran hasn't been seeing much and this farm i have permission on who really knows whats on it.The farmer says there is alot of deer and why would he bs me about that.

I don't know if I'll have computer access or not but if I get something you'll know.

Al good luck I'll be waiting for your text[:-]

Mike get on that big boy and get that score up.In that order.

Daniel hope you let 1 fly this weekend sounds like you are close.

Fran talk to you Wednesday night hoping I got good news about the farm.

Marty keep after it.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made it out Sat. and Monday. Saw 3 does on Sat and at least 4 on Monday - it was hard to tell because they were partially obstructed by some brush..... Still no buck sightings yet, but it's still early. With last night being a full moon, it only gets better from here! Keep after it guys, you never know when lightning is going to strike!

Have a fun trip Dan, make sure to take some pics, those are always fun to see.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday saturday saturday!!!!

I can't contain my excitement!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike get on that big boy and get that score up.In that order.
LOL. I'll get that score up as soon as I pick him up from the butcher.

And I haven't hunted once since I took my buck last week. I'll be in stand again soon... long season.

Al.. good luck this weekend!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatsup fellas?! Good to see that everybody has their collective asses in gear.Starting Thursday, I'm going balls-out and laying the hammer down on something . . . soon.

Thursday, I'm hunting a fresh stand after work. When fresh, this stand has about a 33% chance of a shooter sighting. I like my odds. Have been saving it... It's a field-edge. Always scraped heavily, so I like to stay out until I have a chance of running into an evening scrape tender.

Friday, I'll be headed west to hunt with Danno. Friday evening and Saturday morning, we'll try to get it done. I have to be home Saturday night, but I mightbe able to work out a Sunday hunt. Time will tell.

Next week, I officially start flexing the work schedule, which means 3-4 local evening hunts. Since we're still training, we've had limited flexibility for the past two weeks. Killing me. The silver lining in not getting much stand time over the past 2 weeks is that it's been hot as balls. Not much in the line of daytime movement.

Marty - keep after it bro. Things are really gonna start heating up - so keep your nose on the grindstone. Make time.

Al - good luck this weekend! Don't blow your load too early. Pace yourself and keep a couple fresh stands.

Danno - see you Friday. I have to work at least 3.5 hours that morning, but I should be on the road by 11.

Mike - Great buck man. What a pig. One of these days, I want you to tell me everything you know about hunting swamplands. Where I hunt in Ohio is all marsh. Very alien, as compared to what I'm used to, back home in PA. This March, I got to spend a lot of time out there shed hunting - not hard to see the sign concentrated around the bigger swamps. I should've covered more ground, but I was on crutches, so I couldn't get too far. LOL

Jason - keep your chin up bro. The bucks will come. How's the baby been? Post us up some pics.

16pt - any PA luck so far? From most accounts, the hunting has been pretty slow.

Blue - I know you're on deer. Do tell.

Daniel - I love your enthusiasm bro. If there's one absolute in bowhunting, it's that hard work will always be rewarded. You put in the time, and you'll reap the rewards. Keep after it bro.By the way, Ilove the avatar picture.

Last time I was out in Ohio, I found a beaver skeleton - you wouldn't believe the tooth wear on the lower jaw on those guys. Not sure if this was a really old beaver or not - but he was worn flat, all the way down to the dentyne line. Crazy. Lots of chewing. Really, really heavy jaw structureon those buggers. No wonder they can eat trees. They could probably eat a pickup truck, if they really wanted.

Yeah, the new job is boring as hell, but it pays the bills. A few firm-arsed young hotties make the time go faster.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weekend is finially here, I should be able to spend some time in the stand this weekend. Should also get a chance to check my local trail cams too.....

Keep at it! We should be due for another one soon!!
Old 10-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

its finally here.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's Al

Back From Ohio with the same amount of stuff in my truck as when I left. We saw some deer but with the warm weather and the full moon I think they were hunkered down pretty tight. I was able to lay down a coon though. My bubby saw a bobcat but couldn't get a shot. I think Fran is close he has a great spot and damn it's thick.I did have a little issue with my climber theseat got hooked under 1 of my ribs and after an xray this morning yeah it's cracked.My wife made me go because I couldn't breath. But all I can do is wrap it.

Fran thanks for the tour we hope to make it back out there next year.

Come on everyone else let's get this thing done again.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

I did have a little issue with my climber theseat got hooked under 1 of my ribs and after an xray this morning yeah it's cracked.My wife made me go because I couldn't breath.
Wuss.

LOL Jus kiddin Danno. You're welcome back anytime. I promise, next year, we'll focus on one area - and I'll have some paths cleared. Same goes for all of you guys.

Fellas - if you've never had the chance, y'all need to do yourselves a favor and get together with Danny and do a little hunting. Great guy. He even treated me to a good dinner. I just wish I would've been able to clear a little more time on the schedule. Ugh.

Danny's got a great sense of humor, generous and an all-around good fella. Definitely the kinda guy you enjoy hunting with. I really enjoyed sharing the experience. Just wish I had more time. (Time is a recurring theme with me.) LOL

Like Dan said, we hunted some solid areas, just not much in the line of deer movement. Danny lost his virginity to thorn bushes. LOL Still a little early for big buck movement... Lots of foliage... I did find a spike shed on Saturday. Saw a decent buck - but just a glimpse.

Just a matter of time.

In other news:

We are the black shoes, the white helmets, the pride, the tradition, and the glory of Old State.

We Are. Penn State.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much zero buck movement this weekend. As Dan said, i think the full moon and the weather is slowing movement down pretty quick. The weather is starting to change though with a massive cold front bringingsnow and such for tomorrow. I have school but I will be back out on wed. Calling for a high of 38, im pumped.

Whacked a doe yesterday mornin, i really wasnt gonna shoot her, but she came in and all i could see was jerky, and I do love jerky.[8D]

Good luck men, keep it real.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.