Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Community

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

I hunted opening Sat (our opener)evening but only saw one lone yearling at about 3:40PM.I'll be back out tomorrow evening again, and many, many other days this season.I'm actually hoping I don't get a shot at a good buck until the rut comes. The rut is such an AWESOME time to be in the woods!! I truely love this time of year. Good luck to all of my team members!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in guys been away for awhile.

"Congrats goherdlll On the doe man very nice way to start the season"

I have been hunting about every weekend but not much going on as far as bucks go.

So i decided to take out a couple more does this past weekend and
Put a little more meat in the freezer.

To every one that is hunting best of luck guys!
I will hopefully put some numbers on the board soon!

The bucks down here are starting to show a little moresign, best of luck team!.. terry

Old 10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Goherd and RTA47 nice job on the flat heads! Nice to see some guys already getting their arrows nice and red. As for me the opener is still a couple weeks off, fall turkey season opened so Saturday I went out to the woods to check things out and try to put a bird in the freezer. Saw some sign, mostly tracks and trails, the rubbing/scraping doesn't heat up around us for a few weeks still. bumped a couple deer, didn't get a good look at any of them but its nice to know they are still there. Went and set up near the turkey's fav roost area and managed to wack a nice tender little hen. Wasn't with the bow but still a nice start to the fall hunting season

Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if were in first place or second but assoon as my season opens I hope to do my part. Nice to see you guys whacking something. I thought I was the only one still not hunting but your waitng as well eh Greg. Come 10/13 the deer willKNOW fear!!! or not.

There sure are some corker bucks being taken but I'm holding out for at least 135 or 140 inches.How about Opel's 200inch deer... My word.

Way to knock em down Terry!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Igot some video (15yrds)of this little guy yesterday evening. He's all I saw.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Any luck this weekend? I went and checked on a couple stands today, saturday is our opener and needless to say I can't wait. Just wondering if any of you guys did any hunting over the weekend

Old 10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spent the weekend in TN with my family. From now until Thanksgiving, I'm hunting 2-3 times per week with a full 6 days in deer heaven (i.e. KS). I still haven't seen a respectible shooter in Ky, but there's plenty of time.

Best of luck guys, it's almost perfect time.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:19 PM

I finally get to start hunting hard this weekend. I'll be in a tree almost every day all dayfor the next 5 weeks. The computer won't be with me, so I won't be on but a few times.

Good luck and take care guys!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my season opened yesterday and I had a great AM sit. I was in the tree hours before daybreak and had a great morning watching the woods wake up.

Acorns were falling like pennies from heaven but not one deer was seen and it was great anyway.The ear tagged one with my name on it never showed up but he will be along.

I thought I had it bad but Greg is still waiting for the opener. Saturday is not far away GM so good luck.

You guys call me when you need help dragging but lets get down to business!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Tell me about it Planter, I have been feeling sorry for myself for weeks! hahaha

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.