Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Community

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 08-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

Ron, it sounds like you're going to be a major contributor to the team! Right on. Good luck to everyone this season. I'm getting worried about Planter though. He seems to be missing in action.[&o] He hasn't logged in since last Wednesday morning.[:@]
Old 08-24-2008, 07:14 AM

I sent Plantera PM.....he's probably just off line for a while. Hey Jeff, some people have lives.....unlike us! [8D] I wouldn't worry about him for a little while.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I was just thinking. With the day of wild brown trout fishing in the mountains I had last Tuesday, everybody should have the life I do.Here is one of the many beautiful pools along this awesome creek.I was truely in heaven.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 AM

Well fellers just got back a little bit ago from scouting the other area, and WOW it looks great I never seen so much BIG sighn as I did in this area Monsterious tracks every were and droppings the size of Footballs LOL , no but some very large sighn , so I know were I'll be come late oct early Nov durring the pre rut just me and my little ol rattleing horns. I did jump 1 deer and it sounded like a D10 dozer running off , but I did not see what it was ! In my mind it was a 23" 240lb 180class monster , Well I can dream can't I
Old 08-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Jeff, awesome picture! Looks like you had a blast!

Ron, sounds like you have some killer area. Hopefully you can turn it into some bone on the wall! Don't ya just love more wall decorations? I know Jill does!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM

Hey, can you guys keep it down in here? Its getting a little loud and I'm trying to sleep!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops..Sorry guys I have been busy with fishing and work. Looks like a real solid teamand thisshould be lots of fun. I seem to remember a few of you posting kills last season.
I'm a bit like the deer we seek. I always get a bit more active when things start to cool down a little and the swamp maples are showing some color.
John
Old 08-25-2008, 06:53 AM

John, welcome to the team!

Now....we have a solid team.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just thinking that I am 2 for 2 in this contest as well. Last season my best buck was not the first to hit the ground but I just don't care. I hang my head in shame just a little because after 30 plusyears of deer hunting I still have trouble with restraint but I am first a deer hunter and secondly a trophy hunter. Don't get me wrong,I am not a brown it's down kinda guy but a 100 inch deer rarely gets a pass.

A bad back keeps me on the ground with a crossbow but back permiting I will be in my favorite tree stand with the Hoyt.That old stand had 3 bucks and 2 doe shot out of it last year and a couple the year before. Not bad for being 20 miles from Boston.

My 15 yo daughter is shooting her Browning Micro like a champ and my goal for this season is to spend some time with her in the woods. I would rather be with her when she shoots her first deer than shoot a big buck myself. she is gonna be a great hunting partner.

Last season I was on a very quiet team with guys who posted once just to check in. This team looks like it's full of piss and vineger so lets get ready to rumble.

Capt.Kelly. Were you the guy who had the game cam shot of your arrow hitting the deeror were youthe guywho set his sister upon a great beast???
Old 08-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

John...I didn't set my sister up on a beast. I did get the cam shot, which is framed under the mount.

Well, we are all present and accounted for. Let the games begin. When does everyone get started? My season opens on the 6th of Sept, but I'll be in Colorado, so with some great luck, second week of September.

Kelly

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.