Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

Stick to the plan. It was a plan for a reason.
You'll have that much more knowledge too.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Season starts OCT.1st for me. Goose hunting untill then
Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM

Got my bow back and im back in action. Time to whack em and stack em.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Glad to be on the net again ,It keeps going out on me. Good to hear everyone getting excited . I might not get to check in again tell I get back in october something ,I like 21 days to bow hunt elk. You lose 4 days driving from Pa. and 2 days seting base and spike camp up then maybe 3 to pack out a bull. Planing on leaving monday. Goodluck to all and put us on the board guys .

[/align]
Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

ok guys got another one i want to share i stuck to the plan n checked the cam on fri. and here was the biggest one on there this is the deer we call towers finnally got a pic of him out of velvet i would like to get this deer i love tall deer but idk if he will get me into pope or not!! please tell me if u think this deer is P&Y or not

Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 PM

Def a shooter, P&Y prob not.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like our team is getting some loose ends tied up, getting bows back and tuned and ready to go! That's a good thing!BUCKEYE, once again I'd need a better or more pics. of that buck to say if it will make the P&Y min. or not. It's really hard to judge with just one broadside, or just one head on pic. for a distance.
Good luck dayna on the elk. I struck out again this weekend. I saw elk, was close, but yet, lady luck pulled the rug right out from under me. I ended up coming home early because I managed to get both pair of hunting boots soaked and wet feet and mtn. climbing don't mix. Now if I were an out-of-stater that had several hundred dollors invested in the hunt, I would've tuffed it out. BUT I still got at least one more long weekend, so no reason to hit the panik button. The mtn.s did get more snow, about 4" last Thursday night into Friday. Fall is here in the CO. high country.
I wanted to show you guys a cabin that I stayed in last Thursday night. It's located in a wildereness area, so there are no "owners" of it. It's an old cabin located at 10,600' in what's called "cabin creek" and someone has taken liberty to fix it up. Not sure who carried the supplys to it, but it's pretty livable right now. Had everything from reading material, bedding, cook wear and utensils, propane light and heat, some food, alchohol, snowboard, small chainsaw, etc. I slept pretty good and it was nice getting up in the morning and being up the mtn. already.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

94 degrees here today, they are calling for it to be 85 and thunderstorms tomorrow. Looks like its gonna be a warm one

Old 09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well got out this weekend for the opener in a real good area but no luck. Saturday it rained all day and the deer just weren't moving. But, we did kick up ten of them bedded down on the way back to camp! Today I saw a little six pointer but he was pretty small so I let him go. Still no opportunities to cristen the Guardian! Looks like I'll be able to get out next weekend so we'll see how that goes.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i think i'm gettin a new stand n i got a new area to hunt that has about 300 acres so i'm pumped havn't had time to really scout but it's a great area i seen some deer around before n it's a great lookin spot

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.