Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

So, when are you heading back out? I'll be heading back out tomorrow morning to my newly relocated stand behind the house. I've seen quite a few deer there, but the only buck so far has been the forkie I saw a couple of weeks ago. Still, I know they're there, and it's just a matter of time.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 PM

O man, 7 more times of going to bed before I wake up and get to put some camo on.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

So, when are you heading back out? I'll be heading back out tomorrow morning to my newly relocated stand behind the house. I've seen quite a few deer there, but the only buck so far has been the forkie I saw a couple of weeks ago. Still, I know they're there, and it's just a matter of time.
Tomorrow afternoon after work.
IF it's not too warm. It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow. The temp's have been in the 50's and lower 60's during the day lately.
If it gets that warm I think the deer will shut down.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:47 PM

I didn't get out this evening, but I did help the local Game Commission officer catch3 poachers.
That was more fun.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 AM

Well, its too hot[:@][:@]. I dont have any camo that I can hunt in when the temp is above 60, I would sweat bullets.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well got out this weekend and had a great time, but no deer. Had some cool encounters though. Saw two deer coming up in the brush and knew they were going to pop out really close so I drew. When they came out at 7 yards, I decided they were to small and let them go. This was pretty hard to do considering they had no idea i was there, were so close, and would have been my first with the bow. This did give me some confidence though because I was able to keep my cool, draw, aim, and could have shot so I know I can get the job done. My friend shot two does sitting close to me and one of them actually ran 15 yards in front of me and died. That was another experience in itself. But, I was very impressed with how the Rages performed on them and I am very glad they are on the end of my arrows. Hopefully, I can get out next weekend and maybe even get a shot at something.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys i have been workin like crazy but work has slowed up and i'll b hunting alot now i got a nice nice deer on the cam. i'll post a pic of him in a lil bit after i resize

Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys this is the buck i no it's a ruff pic but i think that this deer should make pope n young + i think the 2 crab claws is awesome tell me wat u think it might score if u can judge it

Old 10-13-2008, 06:36 AM

That's a beauty of a buck. I hope he walks by you.
I didn't get out this morning. Caught a little bit of a bug this weekend.
It's been warm here too.
I'll get out Tues. morn and I'm off Wedsesday.
I scouted a pine bottom yesterday, but I can't find the right tree to get up.
There's a spot where 3 trails cross close to the creek.
The trees are not at all straight. I may have to cover one of the three.

Keep up the good work guys.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that you nevere found her Geno. I admit that I've lost two deer in the past. A doe and a buck, both in the same season about 2 days apart. Made me sick and I about quit bow hunting because of it. The shots were both very short, and I really had no excuse to make poor hits, but I did and it made me sick. The only thing we can do is to try to do better in the future, and so far I've done well.

That's a shooter for sure BUCKEYE. Real nice buck for sure.

I took a little trip up into the mtns. again to spend time in my family and friends "rifle" elk camp. I hadn't been up there in several years, since I started hunting elk with the bow. Had a great time and got to help get elk packed out. There were 7 guys and three of them got a cow and two bulls on opening day. Here's a pic. of my brother(left) and my uncles brother with thier racks. Almost makes me want to start rifle hunting with them again, welll.........Almost!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.