Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39) >

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Community

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Official Team 39 thread

Bleeding from the ears is not a good thing. Yikes.

Sorry to hear you guys didn't get deer.... but it is early yet.

I had a good weekend. Went bowfishing on Saturday. Went to a 3d shoot on Sunday and won an Octane quiver (yay!). Then drove/walkedaround inthe park I'll be hunting. For the first time I saw deer in the park. A small buck and a big doe.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff Christine! Now go one. I might be heading out tomorrow to my private land......... and I'm working on permission on 2 more spots. I've been trying to call one farmer who owns the land next to the spot I have now to no avail and the land owners daughter of the land I have right now is working on a guy to get me permission on land that hasn't been hunted in 10yrs. She said he owes her a favour....... now I owe her one I guess. SHe does have a garage that needs straightening
Old 09-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck getting that permission Rob...you can never have too much hunting land!

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get in the woods again until Saturday. My truck is in the shop today and unless I can get it at lunch time, I won't be making it out there. I've got plans tomorrow evening and it looks like Hurricane Hanna might screw up Friday. Hopefully she'll be out of here in time for a good hunt Saturday. I would think the deer would move pretty well after a storm like that. I'll just have to keep an eye on the weather.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

We're in the same boat Rob, i'm waiting on a "yes" as well, and not being patient at the moment! I've employed both of the ladie's kids, so I'm hoping she throws me a bone with this permission. But, you never know. I have talked to her a couple times, and she's got her undies bunched about liability, so I'm waiting on her lawyers word. Ick. Cooling off here finally, going to be in the mid-sixties this week, which is pretty freekin' awesome. Going to head up to Cabelas this weekend and get some new camo, because i need so much...or I just like new things. I got some sweet early season Realtree AP gear, just needs some pants/bibs to match...I like to match, I know, gay.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait for it to cool down. Now that deer season is here, I have no use for warm summer days. The farmer's almanac says we are going to have a colder than usual fall and winter. That's OK by me! Hell, I can already notice a difference. Last year, here in SC, we had 14 days of the month of August were 100+ degrees. This August we haven't had a single one. It's been in the upper 80s to low 90s...that sweet for this time of year down here!!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

GO get'em guys!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

ttt, back to the top

my season is starting Saturday, we have an expanded archery season for the areas near the major cities, if you want to call what we have cities. I set up a stand on a place I asked permission to hunt a few months back but have only been in their to hang a stand on the first deer run I saw, so i am not going in with high hopes.I am just happy to be able to sit in the woods again.Our real season for the rest of the state starts Oct 2.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm back at it tomorrow as well. Good luck to all!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

good luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Was cool here today. (and rainy.. left over hurricane passin' through)

The cool weather really made it seem like deer season should start any day. 27 days to go.

Good luck again guys.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.