Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39) >

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 39 thread

I'm gonna try and get in the tree this afternoon. I'll just have to keep an eye on Hanna. If it isn't too bad, the deer should be on the move. We shall see!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't say I've ever hunted ahead of a hurricane! We just have boring thinderstorms here...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

They keep changing the forecast track for the storm so I might not be hunting ahead of a hurricane either!! Past experience tells me if they move well before a front/storm they would move well before a friggin hurricane. [&:] It will be a game time decision on weather (pun intended) or not I go for it.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

We have that same storm heading here, but it will be extremely weekened, but it has a good chance of ruining my afternoon sit tomorrow.I had not planned on doing an AM hunt but since thier may not be an afternoon hunt I am going to find a place in the morning to sit and watch, but I am going to leave my stand areaalone untilI can have an afternoon hunt.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you all stay safe.
I went out tonight and I think I am plagued with small bucks. I had 2 come in. One was just strange. He had 6 pts on one side and 3 on the other......... but was only a basket rack. I had 2 yearling does come in and never took the shot either. Then I had a basket rack 8pt come in. Whats with all these small bucks?[&:]
I'm headed out tomorrow to help a friend try to bag an elk. I'll be the caller and he'll be the shooter. Don't worry guys there is whitetails out there too
Good luck to all....... and if your not hunting......... stay safe
Old 09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry guys i have been gone so long. Sunday night my grandfather passed away, and we have been in MO the whole week....without internet. Hope everyone is having a great season so far. If you could keep my grandma and mother in your prayers that would be great
Old 09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pa_yote_hunter

sorry guys i have been gone so long. Sunday night my grandfather passed away, and we have been in MO the whole week....without internet. Hope everyone is having a great season so far. If you could keep my grandma and mother in your prayers that would be great
Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent.

Well I did manage to get in the woods for a little while yesterday before the hurricane ran me out. I saw 2 fawns, a 4pt, and a basket 6 pt. This afternoon there were 3 does in the beans when I got there at 5 pm. Nothing after that though. There was a lot of noise around the area this afternoon though...tractors, traffic, and dogs. Not to mention it was 90 degrees. No wonder the deer didn't move much. Oh well.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pa_yote_hunter

Prayers sent for you and your family.
I was out again today but it was uneventful.[:-]
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well not much excitement here on my end. I'm working today and part of tomorrow and then I'm headed to the beach for the rest of the week. It doesn't look like I'll be getting back in the woods until Sunday.

All I'm seeing so far are young bucks, does, and fawns. The big boys must be waiting till dark to come out. Anyone else seeing much?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

I saw nothing on my opening morning hunt. I am going out tomorrow as long as we don't get hit by the thunderstorm being predicted.

Pa yote hunter, my best to your family

Quick Reply: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.