Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 AM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

AF.....keep pluggin away buddy. You can put all the odds in your favor that you can, and at the end of the day it still comes down to that buck walking within bow range. Keep hunting smart, you'll get him.

That cold front is here, it's 40* outside this morning. What a day to be in a tree, but no......I'm a pillar of dedication I tell ya, and I'm at work. BUT, the rut is certainly iminent, I'm seeing a LOT of movement in the mornings on my way to work. I had to come to a dead stop to prevent smoking another one with my truck today. That's starting to freak me out a little. It's gonna warm to about 70 this weekend, which is a far cry better than 90......I'll get to hunt my favorite spot this weekend.....haven't been there yet this year. I'm excited.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just put one of them old locomotive cattle catchers on the front of your truck and it'll just throw them deer up over the cab and straight into the bed. All you got to do is get out and count how many you have when you get to work!

I can't wait for my wife to start shooting a bow. She's already complaining about the amount of time I spend in the woods. Last night when I got home, she remarked "You must not be very good. All the times you've been out there and still haven't shot a buck." She seems to think that if you get into a stand, the deer will show up and offer you a shot within seconds. Boy, is she gonna have a rude awakening when she starts hunting!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep the weather here is starting to get better. Like I mentioned earlier I am staying out of the woods this weekend. Our 4 day Doe only GUN season started yesterday and ends Sunday. I can hunt with bow wearing orange but can't shoot a buck even if I have a tag for it. The 24th just can't get here fast enough. Out the the 24 days from Oct. 24 to Nov. 16 I could be out for parts of 20 of them. I just can't get much better than that.

AF sounds like you had a good hunt even with the yotes. Get out there this winter and smack a few of them critters.

MO I too am at work.[:'(] Not much else to say about that.

Good luck everyone getting out this weekend. I will be looking for reports from the field.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

"MO I too am at work.[:'(] Not much else to say about that."

There is something else to say about that! = BRAGGART! I want to get back to work so bad it hurts! I did get a questionnaire to fill out yesterday for one job in the prison system. I filled it out at the mailbox and sent it back in. I hope something comes soon, I am tired of being broke.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

There is something else to say about that! = BRAGGART! I want to get back to work so bad it hurts! I did get a questionnaire to fill out yesterday for one job in the prison system. I filled it out at the mailbox and sent it back in. I hope something comes soon, I am tired of being broke.
Mark, nothing came from that other deal .....yaknow, the one you had all the experience in?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I understand. I just want to be out this time of year. Good luck finding something. I am sure it is not easy without an income. I sure wish the AF would get your retirement straightened out.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 AM

Come on down to MO Coop. I could use some part time help in my warehouse. I'm sure I could find stuff to keep you busy at least 20 hrs/week.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Mark, nothing came from that other deal .....yaknow, the one you had all the experience in?
That job opening doesn't close until today @ 5:00 PM. They won't send out interview letters until after it's closed. I have been guaranteed an interview for it, but Lord knows when.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, my weekend produced nothing, not even a sighting. We were hunting during a full moon, a three day muzzle loading season and very windy conditions which allprobably contributed to not seeing a deer. Will try again this Fri evening and Sat morning. Come on Nov.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while looks like AF's computer luck has rubbed off on me!!! I have no clue what happened to the thing but I lost all kinds of stuff that I had saved. Have not been out in the woods since I have been back from out west I am going to set a night aside this week but try to stay out of my good areas until the rut kicks in real good

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.