Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

I couldn't agree more Don. Coop im sorry for how the system is yanking you around, its not right at all. Hopefully some of those job leads pan out for ya.

I think soon enough guys the buck will start falling to our arrows. I can feel it. I have a lot of confidence this year, more than I have ever had. I think we all have some decent buck running around in our hunting areas. We'll get it done for sure. The buck will start getting stupid real soon and thats when we swoop in and put some bone on the ground for America's Team!!!

If I have learned on thing or should I say been sold on this year its not how hard you hunt its how smart you hunt. I used to hunt almost every day and yes I saw deer but didn't have as many shot opportunities. This year due to having a different job and different hours I don't have quite the time I used to so I have to be smarter about when I go out and pick my stands carefully. So far it has panned out. In less that 15hrs on stand I have seen 22 deer had 5 shot opportunities, and seen 28 turkeys. Keep at it guys and we will get on the score board.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Whose gonna be the first?
I'm goin' wid da Preacher

Don ... they looked ALL day yesterday ..... no buck ... I'm betting he is alive
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM

Yeah, he could very well be Tonester. I bet the little guy is heartbroken.......Better luck next time I guess huh?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Yeah, he could very well be Tonester. I bet the little guy is heartbroken.......Better luck next time I guess huh?
He is heartbroken ..... he is 19 tho ...lol.....he searched for 12 hours between us and himself .....
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

AF, contact Obama about your pension problem, maybe you will be the next Joe the Plumber. Seriously, I feel for you. I would be going higher than what you have been though, congressman, senator, press core. There's someone that can put pressure on them to get it straight.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick - I wouldn't contact Obama (again) if your life depended on it! I sent an email to his campaign early on asking about how he intended to serve the military if he were elected, how he intended to deal with our jobs getting shipped overseas, and what his stance was on gun control and all I got after that was a bunch of emails from his campaign asking for donations. Not one of the questions was answered. Unfortunately, I have a feeling he'll be the next one in office, but he'll NEVER get my vote. All I can do is cancel out one of the tree huggers votes for him (and knowing my luck, it'll be a vote from someone who doesn't even exist!). That's another kick in the arse, the news had a story about how some company that was hired by him was registering dead people and illegal immigrants. Oh crap! My blood pressure is getting up, time to mentally go to my safe place...

VA told me two months ago, it'd be one month before they had my disability pension figured out...I guess they didn't specify which one month that would be. Another VA rep told me last Friday that this office is running nine months in arrears.

Windier then PT out here today, so I doubt I get in a tree stand tonight. Supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday. I've seen the bucks and had plenty of opportunities to shoot does, but haven't had that deer I want come to me yet. I have stands set up for each wind direction, some next to food sources and another set up for real windy days (it's about a mile from here and I have to go through 3 locked gates to get to it).

Personally, I think Gerry deserves the first buck on our team, but if he doesn't hurry up and get it done, I'm gonna jump in there and drop one.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Hey Coop Maybe this will give you a good laugh. On a side note last monday I had to work security at a Grateful Dead/Allman Brothers concert to Benefit Obama. [:'(] I have never seen such dirty filthy nasty people in my whole life. These were not the peace and love hippies these were what I call NEW hippies who just want to be lazy drug using slobs. It has been by far the worst concert I have worked to date and unfortunately a good number of these clowns were Obama supporters. You should have seen the area around the arena it looked like a penn state football weekend except the amount of garbage they left was from only 15,000 people instead of the 130,000 we get for a football weekend around here. It totally disgusted me. Well hope this gives you guys a laugh.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, that's funny! My motto for this month and next is: Nobama is a good bama.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

OK, that's funny! My motto for this month and next is: Nobama is a good bama.
Good one Coop!!! LOL!!!

I have actually seen the NOBama signs and shirts.

Oh I forgot to mention how this 18yr old punk kid who was an Obama volunteer (Their Volunteers were supposed to help us at the gates with the crowd) gave me a rash of crap because I had a McCain/Palin sticker. He said it wasn't allowed because this was an Obama event and no outside materials were alowed and he was gonna tell my supervisor. Ooooooooo I was scared!!! LOl He is lucky I didn't pick him up and snap his twig-like body over my knee. I got his name but of course im sure it was a fake name he gave me, Since my Boss at my regular job is real involved locally in the Obama campaign and she didn not know of the punk kid by that name, but she did say he fit the description of another. And even she said that was not right and he could not do that. The only thing that stopped me from decking the jerk was that I was working and that im better than their strong-arm Nazi tactics. Ok im off my soapbox now. LOL Did I mention I HATE HIPPIES!!! LOL!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Obama will never benefit from my vote, NEVER. Sad thing is McCain is a dork. How in the world did we as the USA get into a situation that put these two clowns on the Presidential Ticket. I have never been so dismayed at the choices we have this election. McCain will get my vote but he will get it reluctantly.
Sorry I brought that up AF,I was only joking, hope you know that and hope we don't turn this team thread into a political discussion.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.