Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Good luck Pines. He'll be a nice addition to the winning teams score.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well this am, out my bathroom window, Dagger and Tre showed up but not my big 3 x 5. I'm sure he's still traveling through and I'll get the trail cam back out to see if I can get a pic.

Dagger is a 8" spike buck and Tre, well a big fork X 1. They had been with 35 but not this morning.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you were not using good scent control? Make sure you spray when you are done in there.[8D]
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Imsure he'll be back, Rob.

I went out to my farm today. I had put out one more stand in a new funnel. Probably wont hunt it till November but it'll be there if i need it. Also shot a round of 3-D at my friends range. Groups were good but for some reason i was shooting about 3" low. Ill have to double check it when i go to the range on monday.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Went out to my grandparents land to check every thing out 2dayand guess what? I saw six deer and atleast one had a rack. It looked like a little basket rack six. I got9 days till season. CANT WAIT!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Imsure he'll be back, Rob.

I went out to my farm today. I had put out one more stand in a new funnel. Probably wont hunt it till November but it'll be there if i need it. Also shot a round of 3-D at my friends range. Groups were good but for some reason i was shooting about 3" low. Ill have to double check it when i go to the range on monday.
Could have been just yardage aye? I miss 3D, I could head out alone but seems guys are always busy come Sunday.

9 days Ldeibo13....fantastic, I'll be in NC next 2nd weekend (18th-21st) as well so I guess I have 11 days.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where is the shoot today? I miss it too.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Didn't know where the shoot was today Ben, I'd have to know ahead of time to find one. Season's almost upon us so most are over but of course, there is ALWAYS Catawissa.

Team, did some shooting today. All the bows are ready for the season, I still need to do my camo. [&:] But I have time. (good or bad).
Old 09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last shoot at Montour was this weekend I believe (I have the schedule downstairs). I want to make it to some of those next year, but honestly, with the wedding, trying to buy a home, and the Master's program, I'm going to have a full plate.

I was able to squeeze some shooting in today. I shot decent, and I'm getting more consistant, which is good. Ruined another arrow today (I don't usually shoot groups at 30yds and in, but today, I decided to do a 3 arrow 30yd group...good news is all shafts were touching...bad news, I shot through the vane on one of the shafts[:@]). All that's left now is to wash the clothes and keep shooting.

I'm not sure how much I will be on in the next week or so. I just started my first course in route to my Masters degree in Instrucitonal Media. This class involves a lot of video work, so guess what...I'm going to have to buy a DV cam. I figured I could possibly use this as an excuse to get a decent camera, but I'm still on a somewhat strict budget.

Rob, or any other video guys...any recommendations on the camera situation? I like the HV30, but it's technically a consumer camera that's a bit too small. It's a CMOS camera that's HD for ~$700, but I don't think it offers much in the line of manual controls. the GL2 is out of my price range, but I like cameras that are that size (GL, VX2000, DVX100, etc). Input?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

The last shoot at Montour was this weekend I believe (I have the schedule downstairs
Yes, first Sunday of every month. I forgot this was the first Sunday. It's a great shoot, I wish I would have remembered.

Matt, I snapped a nock on my ACC's out of my General today too. Like you said, I have no idea what I was doing shooting groups but it was with my mom's husband.

And for cameras, that's a tough one. It really depends on what you want to do with the footage, strictly internet, movie making, TV.... those cameras that go straight to cards are great for uploading to computers and internet only. Professional asks for mini DV. Look for features and zoom.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.