Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

LOL Ben, as I was watching Dagger through my binos, I saw the flash light him up. I'm sure he's on there a bunch.

Shooting this week?
Does a bear ____ in the woods? I will try to let ya know what night I will be by.
I am thinking maybe wing night again.
A dozen Mild Garlic please.

I have the drinks.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

not much goin on from ole mauser....gotta head home wed night to get the Jimmy inspected Thursday...then head back to school for class friday.

found out that the weekends i will have to stay at school for LE training will be the days of october 16-19 and the following weekend, october 25th and 26th...all in all i couldnt asked for much more than that...that gives me the last 3 weekends to atleast spend saturdays in stand all day need be. also believe i have the first 3 days to hunt...oct 4th, 6 and 7th....should beable to get out tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays (all day if nothing if i dont need to be doing work or studying..) saturdays are pretty much set for a morning and evening sit...got sundays to do work and such need be...pretty pumped...

studied google earth for a while trying to find overlooked funnels in my home area...and boy did i find one that might pay big...its got it all...and its a good pinch point..oaks, thickets, old fields, currently farmed fields, oaks, a old crab apple thicket and a small creek...i dont know HOW i overlooked it thus far...i know theres other stands in the "area" but its a BIG forested hill and the other stands ive never seen another hunter in and are far enough i wont harm them...and if they do show up, well, it aughta HELP. also its created by 2 inside field edge corners....got alot of lead way with the wind being i can hunt either side of the small ditch and probably beable to setup to shoot the whole section of woods to the field edges...i feel like i just struck gold....i know yearly theres always 1 or 2 pretty good bucks in the area...the forested hill always has a couple nice ones on it too....remember a couple buddies jumped a monster a few years ago small game hunting and he ran right through that funnel....probably hunt it once or twice early and let it sit till november...i got 3 days to kill at home and all my spots double as "rut" locations...only really got now 3 stand locations at home...figure i can hunt each spot a morning and evening during the first 3 days im off school....rotate them so im keeping them as "fresh" as possible during those 3 days...likely be way too warm for an all day sit so hunt a morning then hunt somewhere else the evening...
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Took a ride around my hunting spot before it got dark this evening. Finally starting to see the does show up, probably means the acorns are falling. Was also a nice 100" 10 pt in the field. Little ways down the road was a 120" 8 pt, BUT he was bigger than he scored as his brows were only about an inch each, so he pushed 120 as a 6 pt. 18" wide, big sweeping main beams, nice tall tines, little light in the mass dept.
Could be real tempting. Especially if I'd see him near dark with those big tines & frame.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice rybo!!

i gotta talk to my farmer speaking of seeing deer....i hope hes leaving the corn against the road at my honey hole till picking time...not chopping it. pretty sure he always picks it and wont be chopping it....have a feeling i could end up with a crowded honey hole or a poached big buck...right now, when he is in the fields he is hidden by corn up against the road....dont even know if he for sure lives on my hill....he was spotted there last year and this year a couple times now though.....also might pass through the funnel i found some time....but i dont know what his home range looks like...
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll have to take a ride one of these evenings and get some local deer on video for ya'll.

I'll have to do the same spotlighting as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's been unseasonably cool for the past couple of weeks. I've been seeing a good amount of deer. On Sunday, I was out doing chores behind the house and saw a fresh few rubs & scrapes, so they're starting their rituals!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a VERY nice tall racked deer cross the driveway coming home last night. He was clearing heading toward our clover plot. The problem is, he was coming from a hollow I decided against putting a stand in this year, and it was 8:30...well past legal shooting time. Hopefully he may change that up and still arrive in the plot during legal hours, but who knows.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I'd have had my camera on me. I could have gotten some good footage, when I first saw him, I probably could have gotten a decent pic with my cell phone. I think he had just crossed the road.

All but one of the bucks I saw last night were out of velvet, & that one was peeling.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob.....

You will NOT be able to resist the allure of the NC Buckzilla I have waiting for you, here. I tell you....he's got beautiful G.......well he's really wi........Ok.....he's at least 2.........no.

He's a monster I tell ya! Should go 50".
Old 09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rob.....

You will NOT be able to resist the allure of the NC Buckzilla I have waiting for you, here. I tell you....he's got beautiful G.......well he's really wi........Ok.....he's at least 2.........no.

He's a monster I tell ya! Should go 50".
Thats not that bad for a half rack though right???

Good luck from team 13!

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.