Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The last shoot at Montour was this weekend I believe (I have the schedule downstairs
Yes, first Sunday of every month. I forgot this was the first Sunday. It's a great shoot, I wish I would have remembered.

Matt, I snapped a nock on my ACC's out of my General today too. Like you said, I have no idea what I was doing shooting groups but it was with my mom's husband.

And for cameras, that's a tough one. It really depends on what you want to do with the footage, strictly internet, movie making, TV.... those cameras that go straight to cards are great for uploading to computers and internet only. Professional asks for mini DV. Look for features and zoom.
Yeah I like the SD and HDD cams for their workflow speed, but I'm used to using MiniDV. They're the only ones I have experience with. I would like some manual control (actually the more the better), because I want to learn the techniques. I have a fair amount of experience in photography, so exposure comp, DOF, white balance, etc aren't new to me. The problem is, most of the consumer cams are lacking in the control department. It's hard to believe the price difference between photo and video. Top of the line DSLRs can be had for $8,000. Top of the line DV cams are easily $20K+. Ugh...why can't I be rich?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds good team!!

i too did some shooting...some from the ground, then i got froggy and carried the Viper out into the woods and climbed a tree to do some shooting....somewhat of a pain and hassle, but i do it atleast once every year pre-season...make sure the stands solid, get back in the grove of setting it up, packing it, shooting from it etc...

shot well...20yds i threw one...actually, i was trying to shoot around a branch...didnt HAVE to...but wanted to...secretly wanted to hit it to see what happens...it was about half way or a little over halfway to the target...sure enough i nicked it pretty good...arrow went just a hair right of where i sent it..maybe 3 inches tops...

took the bag as far as i could and still see my tree...thought it should been around 30...got up there and thought "boy this looks a bit closer to 40 than 30...put the 30yd pin on the lowest spot(dont know why i picked the lowest lol) arrow barely hit the bag...pulled the next 2 up and slammed them in there...

still gotta screw muzzys onto the ends of ALL my shafts and find the right combos to get them flying right on all my shafts...

last year i had a heck of a time...certain shafts like certain ferrules...noticing 1 of my 3 practice arrows is flying low right now as well...i cant figure that out....im going to number every arrow and keep a log of what arrows do what and try to sort things out...my arrows are FAR from square...i know that...just never got around to taking the inserts out...probably where the problem lies...had 1 shaft last season that wouldnt fly worth a darn...probably the one hitting low every time...

stinks i didnt have ALL summer to do this crap like im used to having...i definently gotta work on the broadheads this weekend...only way i wont is if my buddy needs help chopping corn and filling the silo...if like to get my 40 and 50yd pins set too just incase....only time id use them is if id wound one and could fling another arrow safely....i come from the thinking of 2 bad arrow is ALOT better than 1 bad arrow...even if its in the tail...only exception would be is if it was about to bed...i find that it is HARD to see clear past 25yds anyways 75% of the time...either brush or hills kills the distance...

farmer buddy says its my turn for a biggun...i yelled and said his nephew took 2 turns!!(his nephew is one of my best friends) he said he aint gettin a turn for a while! lol...love the kid...but still sour about him taking a pot shot at a buck in flintlock season...nice 2.5yo wide 8pt running right at me..i was sitting on the trail he was running...buddy took a pot shot and scared him half to death....i was pretty upset and the farmer buddy(his uncle) was equally as upset...he did later appologize...that coulda been my nice one...no doubt about it...but, hopefully the farmer buddy is right and its MY turn!! and in bow season!! i love rifle hunting with the crew...but i much rather beat brush and dog than sit and wait....i'll do everything i can to make sure i dont have my bucktag unfilled in rifle season
Old 09-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

well guys shot the 3D course yesterday scored 198 out of 300 thats the first time i ever shot never missed the "Kill Zone" just didnt score nigher than a 5 was a great time im gunna do it atleast 2-3times a week!

matt
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey team. I’m back after a long weekend down at Richmond. NASCAR races are about some of the most fun events a person can go to, but when weather impacts them, they can turn not fun in a hurry. The last 2 that I’ve been at were postponed by rain. Last year, Michigan race ran on TUESDAY & this weekend both races were run Sunday (Friday night & Saturday night original schedules). We stayed for the main race, but left after that. It makes for a long day driving home after the race. Compounding that, we got caught in a messed up traffic situation Sunday morning. I’ve been to a good number of races and know that some traffic is unavoidable, but someone dropped the ball on this one. We were a ½ mile from the track complex, when the troopers started diverting all the traffic to loop around creating a massive jam up that took us sitting in traffic for more than 2 hours when we were merely a few hundred yards from the track. [:@][:@][:@]

Anyways, I’ve got 2 weeks till Idaho, I’ll get back on track with my shooting, & have to hit up Ohio to finalize some stand entry routes and exact tree placement. 90% of my clothes are washed, I just have a few new baselayers and some miscellaneous items to wash.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome back Ryan.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just got done watching Dagger out my bathroom window. He moved through, stopped a bit on the sand mound and I saw the flash from the trail camera light him up. He was alone. I had checked the camera and it had 8 photos/4 events on it. I'm hoping one of them is the big 3 x 5. I haven't seen him in a while.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got done watching Dagger out my bathroom window. He moved through, stopped a bit on the sand mound and I saw the flash from the trail camera light him up. He was alone. I had checked the camera and it had 8 photos/4 events on it. I'm hoping one of them is the big 3 x 5. I haven't seen him in a while.
WHOOPEEEEE!!!!! Why was I not told about the camera actually working.....punk.[8D]
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Ben, as I was watching Dagger through my binos, I saw the flash light him up. I'm sure he's on there a bunch.

Shooting this week?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Ben, as I was watching Dagger through my binos, I saw the flash light him up. I'm sure he's on there a bunch.

Shooting this week?
Does a bear ____ in the woods? I will try to let ya know what night I will be by.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Shooting this week?
Does a bear ____ in the woods? I will try to let ya know what night I will be by.
I am thinking maybe wing night again.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.