Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-30-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Joey,
Those bucks are awesome, that one picture where the colors are a little funky is REALLY cool.
Love to see put one down.

Mauser,
Seriously, tell me why you feel that you owe good shooting to that sight? A copper john, spothogg, impact, etc would not allow you to shoot well?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

rybo, my old truglo had .029 pins(well it said thats what they were but they seem larger than that to my eyes!) and no extension. my Viper has a 6" extension and .010 pins...just a MUCH refined sight opposed to what the truglo offered...overkill for hunting? probably. worried about the .010s for hunting actually, but im going to take it in the woods at dusk and see if its a problem...if it is i will order a .019 for my first and maybe 2nd pin...no NEED for .010 pins and a 6" extension on a pure hunting bow....but im an accuracy freak. same reason i practiced at 40 and 50 and 60yds last year...

i just feel that if i had the truglo on right now, after only shooting 8-10 times since i left in the spring(really quit shooting before turkey season) that my 30yd groups would be worse...i havent shot anything over 20 since last bow season..we moved to a new house in nov last year and i could only get 20yds from the backyard till the other day i started lugging the target into the woods....so i havent shot 30 in about a year and im already slammin them in there pretty good....just think i owe some of that to the sight
Old 08-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, I REALLY like the avatar.

Good work to whoever made it!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

mauser i recently bought the viper sight and love it!!!! and as for shoting at dusk in the woods i dont have a problem see them fine! i realy enjoy this sight
Old 08-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

im just slightly concerned the .010s will be hard to see near dark....but, those puppies are bright...i doubt they give me trouble!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Guys, I REALLY like the avatar.

Good work to whoever made it!
Thanks, Matt, I appreciate it.

Well, guys, nothing new with me really. I just need to order some more slicktricks as backups, get some more nocks (long story there), clean one path back to a stand, and then I should be set. I'm interested to see how this year turns out. I'm sort of on the fence on how things are looking. The acorns aren't dropping nearly as much as they were last year, but then again, it was about the second week of September when they really started coming down last year. Time will tell.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went ahead and bought the Boss Decoy from Flambeau's Master's series.

I don't know how much use it will get BUT, I have it if I want it!

It was free to me. My company puts $ on a debit card as rewards when we sell stuff etc... I've got a pile of free stuff with that card over the years. Like I said tho, I'm not sure how much it'll see the woods but I'll play with it. I hope to be done the first week with the buck I filmed from my window.

Other than that, made up some more arrows today and clean and organized my basement/archery shop.

Just waiting on the seasons now. The only thing I have to do is double check the broadheads, wash ALL my camo and keep shooting.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK Mauser, I'll give you that compared to the truglo, it's miles ahead, but give yourself more credit & not the equipment. Your gear is nothing but tools, and they can't operate by themselves. If you are shooting good, take credit for it.
I know comfort & confidence in your gear goes a long way, and you are well on your way in that respect.

Rob,
That is a menacing looking buck. I'd be afraid of it even with a bow in hand

I settled on arrows. Call me crazy, but I am shooting with 3" vanetec vanes steering my thunderheads. Perfect flight and POI to 55 yds.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know that rybo...im the guy that doesnt like to toot his own horn though lol. seriously, alot of people say shooting is my "gift" honestly, i havent found anything that i cant pick up and shoot fairly decintly with minimal effort...with effort and practice, i can become fair/somewhat above average pretty quick with whatever it is...bow shooting is no different...with a coach, i feel i could shoot pretty dang GOOD..(or with more time and practice) i dont shoot GREAT...but i know many guys that have shot longer that cant shoot as well as i can..shotgun, rifle, pistol, deer running with a rifle, fox on a dead run clobbered with a turkey load in the head, flintlocks, shooting clays etc...i might not be GREAT, but i can usually pick it up and be "good enough" pretty quick...but then again i also DO shoot more than the average guy...i grew up shooting...for a year or 2 straight dad and i went to the range ATLEAST once a week usually shooting pistols...when i was young my buddies dad would take us to camp with a pile of guns and ammo and we would sit down the range all day saturday throwin lead...

guess all that has something to do with my "natural" shooting ability...just started off young and often...
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rob,
That is a menacing looking buck. I'd be afraid of it even with a bow in hand
I hope I don't wake from a nap and arrow the darn thing. [8D] [&:]

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.