Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14) >

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

Glad to see you back Rob!! We have the best contest on the net and would hate to see it go down the tubes because of a few people that have agendas, and pushing your buttons is one of them! I hope just swings the firm stick soon!!

As far as the new rule, are the many guys from single states complaining about the multi tag states? I am in Ohio and can only kill one buck, but have not thought once that the multi tag gun states have a advantage over me. Sure they get to kill a gun buck, but he is still faced with the decision of passing bucks for a nice bow buck right? A guys only has so many bucks in his area, if he kills his monster with a gun before his bow, then he only hurt his chances of killing a bow buck, less bucks killed from guns does not give him more of a advantage with a bow IMO. The only problem I have on this is what will it accomplish? If a guys is a liar, then adding another rule will just mean he has to lie a little more. He is scum and will continue to be regardless of the rules you make. So with another rule you just make it harder for the honest guy to enter a buck in the contest, he is honest and will follow the rules. I think if this is a bowhunting contest, then a guy needs to decide if he wants a gun buck or a bow buck, and if he is in a state like mine then he should make up his mind right? I have not voted yet, would like to know if alot of guys in single bucks states have complained. Would hate to see more restrictions put on honest people for a contest that is based on the honor system and we can not truly police dishonest people. It is a simple contest that you have done a great job with, would hate to see the rules look like the tax code because of liars we can not do anything about.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 PM

Also, will the 14 day rule be on the score, or just posting a pic and showing that you have your contest buck? Reason I ask is I shot my buck on the seventh or eighth of this month, made a post about is the same night. But I did not score the buck because I had the entire head frozen for mounting. I want to try mounting it myself and had to do some reading on the net for research. Then had to wait on the videos from wasco to come to show how to skin it. Just got is skinned end of last week, but had to work all weekend and then had to take my dad on his gun hunt yesterday and the nephew today. Tonight and tomorrow is the first chance I will have to do nothing since skinning out the deer head. Would a guy be ok as long as he post his deer within fourteen days of kill and then had until the deadline to post score?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Good to see you back Rob !!

9b is a bit of a shock though. Well maybe not with posting on the main forum the last week.I suppose if we are going to be fair then baiting/feeding is out also since some states don't allow it??Heck the majority of hunters in the contest don't use guides... let's boot that one out also.

Bottom line...you will not make a contestfair for everyonewithout making it a nightmare forthe majority.You can make tons of rules trying to stop a few cheaters but is it worth it when you punish a lot more honest hunters who do take pride in doing it right??The cheatersstillwillcheat anyways. The contest workedvery smoothly for the most partwith the original rules for years now. Granted a large part was due to your hard work at keeping it organized. We do appreciate that very much !!

Justin said this was your show.If you feel 9b is needed to run it properly then so be it. I've enjoyed the contest very much. I do the bulk of my bowhunting after our " rifle "season. I won't change my hunting for any contest. I have my principles of what hunting is to me and I don't bend for no one. This contest is for fun but...in fairness to future team mates, 9b would end it for me. They deserve a bowhunter only then.

Tim
Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob:

A simple "Go pound sand" is sometimes quite acceptable and even "appropriate". Your tapdance with decorum is commendable.

Have a good day, sir.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Bartender

9b. First deer of the current season not year? Not even sure if this is correct verbage but get the point?

Year runs from jan 1 to of course Dec 31st. You know someone will try.[:@]

EDIT: I need to change my vote I miss understood 9b. Gun should have nothing to do with bowhunting contest.
First Archery buck end of story. Against please, thanks for everything on this contest Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back Rob. As far as I am concerned whatever you decide on rules for next year will be fine with me. Cmon it isn't that hard to follow rules is it???????
Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Host of Hosts

Be a man for once in your life.
How Nice!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Bob, again, I'm not deciding, All of you are deciding and I truly see both sides of the coin and I see some very good points. 9b is not set in stone, it's getting real interesting points made on both sides and I'd like to commend you all on articulating your points.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another point,

I see in the Deer Hunting forum there are Bowhunting Contest participants who have downed deer with their gun. Seeing the Bow Contest was the original (thanks DoubleLung55) and the others subsequently followed, I ask which contest is more important to you?

And, if the bow is a legal weapon of choice for the gun seasons (muzzleloader, shotgun, rifle), as a 99.5% diehard bowhunter, is taking a deer the most important thing to you or taking a deer with a bow? GMMAT's question rings true, if you sign up for a Bowhunting only contest, why would you not take your bow? You can still go through all the rituals and traditions of camp, the only difference is the limitation of your weapon.

I suppose that's a question for another thread tho.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

And, if the bow is a legal weapon of choice for the gun seasons (muzzleloader, shotgun, rifle), as a 99.5% diehard bowhunter, is taking a deer the most important thing to you or taking a deer with a bow? GMMAT's question rings true, if you sign up for a Bowhunting only contest, why would you not take your bow? You can still go through all the rituals and traditions of camp, the only difference is the limitation of your weapon.

I suppose that's a question for another thread tho.
Totally see your point Rob. However, IL state law says shotgun season starts Thursday at sunrise and runs until dusk Sunday. I am tagged out with the gun and would love to hunt with my bow during the gun season...but I can't. Its not legal here (for 99% of the state).

If a man/woman has the time/resources/drive to hunt nationwide and kill 5 bucks before they fill their archerybuck tag....I say more power to you. IMO it doesn't make them any less of a bowhunter and shouldn't have anything to do with a bowhunting contest.

Quick Reply: Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.