Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14) >

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I’ve had more time to think….

You can’t possibly expect EVERYONE to go bow only for an entire season. This contest would have about 60 people. So what if some states get more than one tag and some one shoots a buck with a gun before they do so with a bow? This is a random contest so the number of tags is in the same situation as having people from big buck states on a team, they all can’t be controlled and become luck of the draw. If this rule gets implemented I feel that it crosses way over the line of a “for fun” contest. Shooting a gun buck, whether you have 10 tags or one should NOT have any bearing on what happens in this contest.

I hope to still take a bow buck this year, but if a big enough one had walked by me Monday, with my revolver in hand. BOOM! Happy Rybohunter with a handgun kill.

Sad to say, but maybe this thing has gotten to big to be fun anymore, I don’t know and I certainly hope not. I know rules are in place to keep things fair & fun, but sometimes they create more problems than they solve, and reduce the fun level significantly. And this one (9b) I certainly think follows the latter case.

And as far as the time frame rule, all it takes is ONE email, PM, phone call, or whatever to buy yourself all the time you need. No big deal. I think once the team captain gets word, he can go in and enter a buck pending score & photos.
Hey Rybo, No way could I have said it any better! I agree right down to the T!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Bartender

Join the gun contest in the deer hunting forum
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO It should be and I thought it was,First buck killed with a bow. If you only get one buck tag and CHOOSE to fill it with a gun then you are out.If you have more then one tag the only one you can enter is your FIRST BOW KILL.But I do agree that it needs to be entered within 10 days.Thats more then enough time AND the date should be on the pic. We should also call it thebowhunting BUCK contest.Its been brought up about putting Doe's in and that would make a mess of everything IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

5. Open to all members new and old unless your signed up in another bow contest on HNI(only), please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

Please,if you sign up for a team,Please show up and let the team know how your season is going.All teams have 10 members but am surprised to only hear from maybe half of them,if you dont want to participate then dont sign up,alot of other members here would be glad to.

Happens every year man. We have 3 or 4 that checked in and hasnt been back since.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, thats at least a few that have changed their mind on rule 9b...after they voted.

LOL, so now the debate is: Is the poll accurate [8D]

My vote, bring back the Moderators Cup! (what ever happened to ABM anyhow?)

Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 AM

Wow.....I'm surprised. This is a lot closer than I thought it would be. Interesting.

I would like to encourage everyone involved to vote on this one. Rob is giving everyone's voice a chance to be heard, so I say take advantage of it. This is your chance folks.....It maynot go your way but at least you'll be heard.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so im confused, i just shot a 7 pt buck with my bow sunday, but shot a spike with gun a week eairler, does this mean that i can not enter the buck that i just shot sunday now???
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM

Sad to say, but maybe this thing has gotten to big to be fun anymore, I don’t know and I certainly hope not. I know rules are in place to keep things fair & fun, but sometimes they create more problems than they solve, and reduce the fun level significantly. And this one (9b) I certainly think follows the latter case.
I agree 100% with you on this one Ryan. The first couple of contests were a blast, it was a group of guys getting together andgetting to know each other better. These guys were posting non-stop in their team threads and there was never a need to exaggerate and their was never any pressure on people to shoot a certain size deer, it was all about the fun times had by the guys joking around. Nobody's scores were questioned, nobody's kills were questioned, it was all for fun.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the past several contests, hasn't HNI provided some "gift packages" to the winning teams? I could have swore that I read that somewhere at sometime. If I am correct in that, that alone changes the whole contest froma "for fun" perspective to a more serious "I wanna win some free stuff" perspective.

It seems like the rules are having to be enforced more often, and the deer that people enter are being over scrutinized lately. If the whole contest is truly for fun, these things shouldn't happen, people shouldn't be so concerned about what team wins and if the leaves in a tree are the right color,etc. , overall we are all winners for being able to participate in this contest WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY ANY MONEY FOR IT!!!!! Lets just enjoy the friendship we make with our teammates and have fun with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

Ok so im confused, i just shot a 7 pt buck with my bow sunday, but shot a spike with gun a week eairler, does this mean that i can not enter the buck that i just shot sunday now???
Negative. This will be implemented NEXT year. Enter your buck, and congrats!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have 9, no need for 9a. But the maybe the real debate would be to remove 9? Just cause I'm in one of the lucky states that allows two bucks and/or I can hunt multiple states.

Would be nice to be able to enter a bigger buck later in the year to help out the team, as long as all other rules apply I dont see the big deal...

Just my two cents though.

Quick Reply: Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.