HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Okay, This is the way it is! (page 13 and 14)
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Okay, This is the way it is!

Glad to see you back Rob!! We have the best contest on the net and would hate to see it go down the tubes because of a few people that have agendas, and pushing your buttons is one of them! I hope just swings the firm stick soon!!

As far as the new rule, are the many guys from single states complaining about the multi tag states? I am in Ohio and can only kill one buck, but have not thought once that the multi tag gun states have a advantage over me. Sure they get to kill a gun buck, but he is still faced with the decision of passing bucks for a nice bow buck right? A guys only has so many bucks in his area, if he kills his monster with a gun before his bow, then he only hurt his chances of killing a bow buck, less bucks killed from guns does not give him more of a advantage with a bow IMO. The only problem I have on this is what will it accomplish? If a guys is a liar, then adding another rule will just mean he has to lie a little more. He is scum and will continue to be regardless of the rules you make. So with another rule you just make it harder for the honest guy to enter a buck in the contest, he is honest and will follow the rules. I think if this is a bowhunting contest, then a guy needs to decide if he wants a gun buck or a bow buck, and if he is in a state like mine then he should make up his mind right? I have not voted yet, would like to know if alot of guys in single bucks states have complained. Would hate to see more restrictions put on honest people for a contest that is based on the honor system and we can not truly police dishonest people. It is a simple contest that you have done a great job with, would hate to see the rules look like the tax code because of liars we can not do anything about.