Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Ya wonders never cease to amaze me. Hawkeyes are so bad on offense but they are awesome on defense. Raining again here this a.m. plus my wife had to work a overnight shift so I would not have been able to hunt this a.m. anyway. Did line up around 200 acres or so of timber but haven't ever been in it to see what kind of treasures it could be holding. Better go out and look for some possible stand locations soon. Not much else happening for me fellas at the moment. Good luck guys.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Bob ,today was a great morning to get out ,but unfortunately the wife had plan's for me on getting our trailer winterized and put away for the season . Tonight I'm on night's so I'll be heading for bed soon to get some sleep before I go to work . Not sure when my next trek to the wood's will be ,but it'll have to bve soon ,I'm going nut's around the house .

nubo
Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Bartender

Hey you guys start letting ruttinbucks know he needs to get his butt out hunting. I dont sense his dedication this year and I miss hunting with him on Fridays. If you do this I will leave you alone here in your team thread.
Thanks Much.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well we can't even get him to show up here let alone hunt. But as far as I can see you are on here every morning. But that is alright with me cause you can't shoot a monster when you are on here. I am sure he is going to do OK though this season. Heavy rain today here in my neck of the woods[:'(]. It rained all day yesterday and it is suppose to today and tommorrow. The bucks are going to be really confused thinking that they missed the rut and spring is already here. Most rain ever in the month of October. I guess we take what w get. Sure does make it tough though as far as hunting goes. Well talk to ya all later.

Bob
Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Bartender

Shhh I work 3rd shift so I can be here. I only hunt mostly afternoons until late Oct.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya Ya FRALEY it is our secret. I don't really like to hunt afternoons too much even though that is when I saw the biggest buck ever from a treestand 200"er about 40 yards away. He walked in behind a doe and she laid down around 25 yards from my tree. Thinking I would get a chance at the brute I tried some really soft grunting but he didn't seem to care at all. Well the doe laid for 30 minutes and then walked right under my tree that is when my hopes raised, well the big fella got up and started my way when all the sudden the doe got downwind and busted me. Ran right back under my tree and stopped 20 yards out trying to figure out what the heck was going on, the buck then decided it was not cool and chased her off directly away from me. Saw the same buck that morning but never came close to him again, someone wounded him during muzzleloader and was never seen again. Sure wish I woulda took the shot I had that a.m. but wasn't sure about the distance so I had to let him walk[:'(].
Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

rain, cool temps, shorter days, north winds, signs of the approaching rut, it's starting to happen in N. Wisc.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Bartender

What part you in? 4 weeks I am near White lake/antigo
Old 10-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Morning fellas very cool here in Iowa but ya guessed it's "still raining". [:'(]
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out yesterday morninjg after I got off of work and had 2 doe's with their 2 fawn's each walking around in the field in front of me ,no buck's this morning ,but it's also getting cool here in the morning's and am sure looking forward to the weekend.

nubo

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.