Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:11 PM

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

no i havent forgot just trying to get my buck back so i can score it if he doesnt. ill get him up there the day i get the deer i promise. We need some more people on the board! Good luck!!! Still lots of big boys roamin over here. Dad saw another huge one this morning
Old 11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

well guys i shot a nice 7 point and doe with my muzzleloader this weekend.....back to concentrating with a bow
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas got some good news and some bad news. The 170" monster showed up under me saturday morning right in the middle of my shooting lane, I drew back trying desperately to control my shaking and settled my 30 yard pin on him right in the vital arrow and let it fly. Bad news he was only 22 yards away and when I released my arrow he dropped down to take off. Morebad news all hegot was a haircut. Just barely ticked the top of his back. I would rather that happened though than to hit him high in a area withouttouching any of his vitals. It happened so fast and in a permanent stand that I had never sat in be4. Shoulda did a better job of checking my distances. I am truely sorry fellas for not closing the deal but at least I did get a chance at him. I moved my stand to a deer highway that I found after getting down from my stand yesterday morning. Hopefully it will pay off for me and the team. Good luck all and don't give up on me yet.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Too bad bob, but I feel the same as you. Certainly glad you didn't wound him. Better luck next time and no apology necessary.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 11-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's right Bob no appoligy necassary ,just glad he never took the arrow and ran off wounded . I know your pain though ,I had a similar exoperience a few year's back with a real large 12point buck ,unfortunately it was the last timeI ever seen that buck . I heard a few week's later about the guy on a nieghboring property getting himself a P&Y book buck ,apparently the largest taken in this area in a few year's . I can only think that it was the buck thatI had been hunting for 4 year's .

I was out this evening and seen 3 doe's 2 fawn's and a small 4 point buck after only being in stand for a few minute's . I'm going to head out again tomorrow evening ,we're expecting a good storm this week and hopefully they'll all be out tomorrow and just maybe I can connect . It's not from lack of trying ,because I don't give up .

nubo
Old 11-19-2007, 10:34 PM

well un officially my buck was like 118 and some change, i am going to measure it myself that just seems a few inches shy. But who know that may be what it is.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I hunted a new set yesterday a.m. and I am thinking it was a good idea to move a stand in there. I spooked one deer while going into sit. I got in the stand and within 20 minutes 4 does walked by. Not 5 minutes later a really good buck was standing in the alfalfa field just around 50 yards south of my stand. He was just standing there so I decided to try and entice him to come on in and bleated at him with very little response. I then decided to grunt really lightly and that was a mistake he left the area in a big hurry. After that I saw another really old buck that was going downhill crossing the creek behind my stand and another doe but the big boy never did show up again. There are rubs all over this patch of woods so I decided to look around a little better and I found a rub on a tree that has to be at least 20"s in diameter. It is the second biggest rub that I have ever seen. A couple years ago I found some rubs in this drainage that were on trees big enough to hang treestands in, during shotgun season we got a buck from that area that scored 191", I can only hope that a big boy like that is making the rub on this tree that will compare to that big boy. Well have to work today so no hunting for me but will be back at it tomorrow a.m. and then the next 4 days off so with any luck I will have a goodun down for us by Sunday night.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep at her Bob and good thing's are gonna happen for you . I was out again this evening and it was clear and slight north breeze happening ,but for the first time this season I never got a glimpse of a deer , I couldn't believe it ,we're expecting a snow storm Thurs or Fri and with all the variable ,wind clear,and simply a georgeous night i totally expected good thing's tonight . I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow evening .

I agree SteveZ 118sound's a bit shy of what it look's ,but I've also been pretty surprised before as well. Double check her and get him posted .

nubo
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Off for 4 days starting Thanksgiving so look out bucks iowabob will be on the prowl. Hate not having anything down though this late in the season. I have some pictures of a monster that they found dead south of my house. He died because of blue tongue it is a darn shame. I will post a couple of pics.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING" fellas may you have a festive holiday. Back to the tree this a.m. for me will fill ya all in later.

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.