Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread. >

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 44-Official Team 44 Thread.

Has everyone got their bow's ready to go .? I was out yesterday for about 3 hr's trying to get my bow set to go on the moose hunt this Fri. Shooting field point's at 20,30,40 and 65 yrds right on the money ,but when I threw on the muzzy's ,which I've nevertried before andeverything went totally out of control . After getting really ticked ,I was afraid I was going to throw my bow across the yard and decided to work on it later . AfterI had my dinner,I thought beforeI go making any adjustment's, I would try my Slick Trick's that I've been using for 2 season's now . After shooting all range's only the 65yrd pin was a tad low ,and the rest of my arrow's were right on the money . I guess the muzzy's just aren't for me . So I'm set to go, and will get out Fri morning and dial in the 65yrd pin . Then fri evening I'll be on the road for a 15 hr drive for the moose hunt . Hopefully it's a successful one . As I said earlier Iowabob will take my spot in my absense , I'm sure thing's will be ust fine here .

nubo
Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck with the moose hunt nubo - sounds like your ready to go.

My son passed his hunter safety on Monday. He was pumping his fists saying "Yes! - Look out deer" he then bought his first archery license. That was cool experience. He was so proud to pass his hunter safety and get a license.

We were out at our local clubs 2D course last night - before our bow hunters safety class. I felt confident at ranges out to 40. He was doing great at 15. Our hunt plan for Sat. morning is a stand that has a possible 20 yard shot. He's going to practice these next couple of days to see if he can dial in his 20 yd. pin. We've had trouble with his broadheads - field point fly great especially after we tuned up his bow. I bought some 85g sonics. At first they were flying to the right, now they are flying all over especially at 20 yds. Part of it could be the tuning or broadheads - but I think part of it is confidence. He's starting to realize hes really going up against the real thing. I can see the pressure of performing starting to creap in. Its all part of the experience. We'll spend some more time at the range tonight and see what we can do about tuning things up
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

nubo I have always wanted to go on a moose hunt. That is the one thing I hope to get todo be4 I give this crazy sport up. Don't plan on giving it up for a long long time so I should be able to pull it off sometime. What does it cost for a non resident moose license in Ontario anyway???
Congrats to yer son deertale I bet he is pumped, sounds like pappy is a little pumped also.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deertale!

Congrat's to your son on aquiring his first hunting license I'm sure he is very proud to be able to hunt with dad for his very first hunt . I hope he get's thing's set and also tag's his first deer . What's his setup ,rest sight ,bow draw weight ,draw length .what's he using for arrow's length and weight ,maybe some of us can help him get her done . Good luck to both of you's and hope to see a deer posted when I return.

Bob a non resident moose tag is 345.00 ,and it's a hunt you'll remember for a lifetime . I've been hunting moose now for 15 year's and bowhunting them for 6 year's of those. Sucessfull on 4 bowhunt's and sucessfull on 6 rifle hunt's . That's when the real work begin's . But I'll garauntee you'll be hooked . I guess I don't realize just how lucky we are here in Ontario to have such great hunting here .

Good luck to all that are getting out hunting in the next week or 2 and I'll look forward to the team's progress once I return. I'll be around tomorrow for a bit ,but I'll be on the road at 7:30 pm and looking at a 15 hr drive ahead of me .

Thank's guy's

nubo
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm outta here guy's ,talk to ya's whenI return . And good luck

nubo
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Well I know Nubo is "outa here", but I'll reply to his post anyway. I had my kid shoot some paper and made adjustments to his rest and knock - I think that pulled everything together. Part of it was his confidence - as soon as those broadheads starting flying off - he started to panic. He's shooting a Hoyt Banshee at 35lbs with Beman Jr Hunters with a 85 gr Sonic head. I hope it all works-one away or another. I'd be happy if we just see some deer tomorrow. It sure is a hassle getting gear together for two.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Bartender

I almost forgot to check in for today.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas just checking in saying good morning. Been really cold here the last 2 a.m.'s feels like October already. Frost on the pumpkin yesterday. And yes good morning to you FRALEY too bad yer bro doesn't check in as much as you!!!LOL
Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Spike

bite me LOL , checking in , Going hunting tonight with my bro , should be fun .i love the first time going out . Ill check in and let you know how we do , Good Luck
Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Spike

sweet ,got are team avatar to show up ,lol

Quick Reply: 44-Official Team The Nimrods Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.