Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

PSE Bruin
Wolverine Arrows
Crimson Talon Broadheads
Sims Modular Stabilizer
Trophy Ridge Ridgehunter Quiver
Top Gun Archery F-16 sight
CAP Whisker Buscuit

Why do you need that?
Well, I am a bow technitian by trade, so analyzing what went wrong, and helping hunters prevent episodes such as this in the future is sort of what I do everyday. What I don't understand is how your arrow could be covered in blood, and the deer did not leave any sort of blood trail. I have seen deer shot with buckshot do this, but buckshot punches small holes that are easily plugged, broadheads don't really work that way. Sometimes if you hit a deer in the paunch with an arrow, you'll have intentinal coils cover up the entrance and exit holes, which effectively stops most of the bleeding (or at least stops blood from leaving the body, which is what a blood trail is). But, if you hit the deer too far back, your arrow likely wouldn't be covered in blood, it would be covered in gut and smell like... gut. I was just trying to figure out where you may have hit that doe. The equipment question is just part of the overall equation. In essence, I was wondering if the problem was the user, or the bow. I know that sounds a bit coarse, and I appologise, but I don't know of a better way of putting it. Sometimes when you come up short of something, I've found it helps to have someone else look at what happened and give a little feedback... isn't that all that message forums are about anyway?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get what you mean....about the smell...the arrow didn't smell actually.The Broadhead had blood and Hair on it and you could see the arrow at 20yds from the blind(After I staked it in the Ground.

Well Guys..I'm filming a guy after school...I'll get to hunt either Thursday or This Weekend!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well...we didn't get to go..He had to see the Doctor...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Well I did NOT see a deer while I was bow hunting, but it was only because I did NOT hunt. I did the videoing for my buddy. We saw lots of deer and I did get video of him punching a Muzzy through at 100lb boar! I had a great time!

I'm going to my lease this weekend and I'm on vacation all next week so I'll be up there by my lonesome. I'll be able to put in some serious time in the woods.

TXMM
Old 10-16-2007, 05:13 PM

I have'nt been seeing many deer while out hunting just a few doe's so I put my trail-cam out ..MY deer are sneeeekkey they are only coming out after dark[:@]...But it's been kinda hot here in oklahoma but it is going to cool off someday I hope I hope every one else is having better luck!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys..my buddy called me up and said he could go hunting..so we went out.It was too late to get in a stand so we hunted off the Deck of his Cabin.Its about 10-15 feet up.We sat up there for 45mins.We heard something on the Backside of the cabin..so we walked back there and 2 does ran by...well another one got into his shooting lane and he stopped her......Well she was about 35-40yds out.SWAP.....there she goes...We stoped her at 60yds.He turned and said "I missed" then he showed me his hand and he was shakin so bad It looked like he seen a Ghoust.We went back to the other side of the Cabin and seen 4 more does.Well they never came in.We headed out to get his arrow..Clean miss.So we looked over the film.He missed her by inches when she jumped.

Go Get'em Guys!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Went out tonight. Too warm yet. 75 deg. today. Had a doe at 15 yds. but got busted.[:@] I couldn't get a clean shot with all the brush. Just one more step.[]I think the smell of the charcoal in the Tinks bag I keep my stuff in spooked her. That odor is strong so I washed all my gear and put it in a different storage bag now. It was wierd the way she acted. She wasn't spooky or on alert. She just stopped, looked at me, and stared for about a min. doing that head swaying thing. She then just turned and walked away. I've never been busted like that before, but then again I've not used one of these storage bags. I think that if I can smell the charcoal smell the deer can really pick up on it. It may not trigger a flight responce but it can make them a little weary. We'll have to see next time. I watched a good show, Deer & Deer Hunting the other night and they were saying the rutshould be a little early this year due to the moon phase at the end of this month. They might start chasing a little earlier.
Good luck guys & gals.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang man!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 PM

Boy!!! We just had a big hail storm go through here!!!!I hope all my deer found a good big flat rock too stand under
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang man..we had a nice but short Rain...

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.