Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Some of the prices are pretty good. The first day everyone was buying a buck knife they had on sale for $9.99. It was regular price $30. I got one and it is a really good knife. For the most part the prices are the same as basspro or cabelas.I like it because now when ever I want something I can buy it at Gander Maountain whether than buying it online at Basspro or Cabelas and having to pay for shipping. They have a good selection of guns, too.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM

nice pic's swampcollie I hope you get him,,it would help our team
Old 10-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea..I forgot to mention....you going to let me come out and kill him..j/k I'ld rather see you get him!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

nice pics swamp.

I got to hang my treestand yesterday Monday afternoon. I moved my camera and am getting ready for our first day of hunting on Saturday![8D]

I will take the first doe I have a shot at and then I'll buck hunt for a while.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM

NICE PICS SwampC!! I hope you get him!

I went to my lease this past weekend, but I only got to bowhunt Sunday. My boy was begging me to take him squirrel hunting at his spot, so we did that on Saturday. We didn't get any.

Sunday, I bow hunted nearly the whole day and didn't see anything. Man, it was hot! I was completely soaked in sweat by 4pm. So I packed it upand came on home.

This weekend, I'm going with a buddy to hisplaceW. TX. It's kind of a last minute deal but hopefully, something will come by and offer me a shot.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

kill'em and grill'em!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Alright guys, I've been thinking. (That's very dangerous, too....I know.) Anyway, I know that some of you will be waiting for a "monster buck." Here in Alabama, we have a three buck limit. So, with the rules as they are and by wishing to stay in compliance with the contest rules, I might shoot a smaller buck for my first buck than I want. Last year, I didn't even shoot a buck. That was fine. I let several little bucks go. However, a shooter for me doesn't mean that it has to be bigger than anything I've ever shot. I might shoot a 100" deer. Ok...I'm digressing...sorry. Anyway, I got to thinking that if we all just took something we'll probably win. However, you might not be willing to take a smaller deer than you hope for. I personally respect your restraint. However, if that is the case, I might ask why you signed up for this contest. You are a part of a team. I am actully asking you to be a team player. Play by your rules, but if you are in doubt...shoot! That's just my two cents. Ok...I'm tired and wandering in my thoughts. At least we're still on the front page.

I'll update you about Saturday's hunt. I at least hope to take a doe.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Arjuna,
I don't have a problem with you taking any deer you want. I will probably take a doe this weekend but if a buck of 120 or bigger walks by I will take him as well. I am limited to 2 bucks a year here and I have two permits for shotgun season so I could take a larger buck then. I can also take another buck with the bow if the oppertunity presents itself and use the gun tags for does. Shoot what you feel is right for you. I don't think anyone on this team will think any less of you. Good luck man.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

2foot....we have unlimited Archery tags....the Buck Ratio is bad around here...I've got many NICE deer scouted..I'll just shoot the first doe and a nice buck.If I kill out before Shotgun season I am definatily buying more tags..

Any of you guys finding deer dead due to Blue Tongue......Jason Bowsaw(Whitetail Freaks/Kisky Productions) have found 65 this year on the land he hunts....thats not good...Luckily I haven't found any!!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Chase,
I'm from IL and it's my understanding that we can only take 2 bucks a year. We have unlimited archery tags as long as we continue to take does though. Is that correct or am I reading something wrong?

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.