Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Well fellas, I'm off to West TX in the morning. I'll be back Sunday night. I might actually get to see a deer while I'm hunting.

Good Luck and good shootin,
Waid
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck.

2foot- If we fill our Doe and our Buck we can....I'm from South Illinois!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Sitting here at work thinking about the hunt this evening. For some reason I have a feeling like tonight is going to be the night. Can't wait.
Is it time to go yet? LOL, Good Luck everyone
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

Alright guys, I have just finished packing. The coffee pot is set with the timer for 4:00 a.m. That's in 4 hrs and 10 minutes. My Jeep is packed. My clothes are sitting in my bathroom. I'm ready. I'm fixing to get some sleep. Tomorrow is opening day. Be ready for pics and story.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

and I'm off to see the wizard,the wonderful wizard of oz...oh man I need a little more sleep. I'll let you know the details soon enough.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Arjuna,
Good luck man!!!!!!!! I'm just finishing a cup of coffee and getting ready to suit up myself.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Well, here goes. It was the single worst day of deer hunting I have ever had.

1.) On the land that I hunted, there is this gun hunter that also has permission to hunt there. He has been putting the corn out everywhere. In Alabama itis illegal to hunt over it or even near it. So, I have to get into the woods and away from HIS corn to be legal. (The landowner doesn't want to get involved.) So, I have to work hard to get away to hunt legally. The other guy is a jerk (I really get along with most people...really. This guy just has a complex or something....I'll get to that later. Anyway, he has been hunting the land longer than me and thinks the land is his. The landowner has asked that I inform the other guy when I hunt, as courtesy. I certainly don't have a problem with that...It's a good idea...but it doesn't go both ways. I call him, he doesn't call me.

2.) At 7:00 a.m. I see the game warden tracking my boot prints from where I walked in (The firelane were just disked, so it is easy to follow.) Anyway, when I see him, I call him over so we can get this over with. He asked who I was. I told him "Jack". He gets on his radio and says "Hey, its not the guy we're after. It's not (the name of the other guy). He goes on to explain that we doesn't want to give me a ticket, but if I'm not careful he will. He explained that he knows I'm trying, but that catching the other guy is a priority for him and he's going to make it miserable for everybody else so that the landowner will push him. I was aggravated that my hunt was interrupted, but I figured I was there and may as well hunt.

*note: the game warden also said he picked the lock to get in as his key didn't work anymore. Is that legal? I knew he could walk on any property, but picking locks?

3.) I see 6 does. All of them come in as singles or pairs. I finally shoot one at 12 yards.

4.) NOblood on the arrow. Just three hairs on one fletching. I find blood on the ground. I track it for about50 yards. The last place is a splatter about the size of a paper plate. Then it dissappears. I seached for 4 hours. I had two friends come help. I have shot and recovered over 20 deer with a bow. (not that I'm an expert by any means, I'm just saying that its not my first rodeo.)...It never gets easier to lose one. I am depressed. I waited to go after it. The shot was slightly quartering to me, but it still looked ok. I think she ducked and I hit her high. I hope she made it. I'm depressed.

5.) I go back to another spot about 500 yards away to hunt that evening. I'm climbing up the tree and I hear a four wheeler. I can't believe it. I told the other guy I was gonna be out there. So, he comes and rides his four wheeler around for an hour and a half. I think I am going to have to talk to the land owner.

I am going to church tomorrow. Reset my priorities and refresh my soul. Then I'm going to take a couple of days off and go to central AL to hunt with some friends. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang..man...GUESS WHAT GUYS!!! We got to the Blind at 6:00.We sat there for a hour when we had a doe out in the field make a Line Drive at us.While she was coming in another doe with a fawn came in.Well the 1st doe got about 20yds away.I drew back my bow.....and Swap! She ran off.They all ran off.We looked over the footage.My cameraman had everything but the shot on it.When I shot he jumped.We watched the for a little bit.We seen a Deer run across the Field.Well we lost track of that deer.At the moment I still thought I missed.Well The blind was
on a big Mound so I had some Elevation.Well the other Doe and Fawn came back....they were 8yds away with the wind in my face.I was gettin ready to shoot out of one side of the blind when the doe turned around...I place my bow in the other window when she caught me drawing back.So..she Blew! Well we waited an hour n hour.It was 8:30 then.Well we headed out and found my Arrow....COVERED IN BLOOD!!!Well we found no blood trail..the only blood we found was were I shot it.We got a Posse out there and still didn't find it.

HUNT 2-
Details about this stand-

On the Edge of the Woods on a Wheat stuble Bean Field
It has the main run going by it
It has a NEW FRESH SCRAPE 15yds away.

Everytime I hunt this stand I see deer.The woods I hunt is very very small.It always has a monster in it.Well I hunted it tonight.I got out the at about 4:00.I sat there for a hour when a deer came out.It was a doe,she was about 150yds away.I sat there for 30mins and 3 more does came out.Well..I watched them for a little while.They went back in the woods.I sat there for a little more time.When I hear a Coyote howling and barking.I didn't see another deer for a while...well I see a flash of brown....it was the coyote.I pick up my bow..he was 7yds away.Well I was drawing back when he seen me.He turned away and left.Well after an hour deer started filing back out.Well none came in....It was 7:30 when I got down and headed to the truck.I jumoed 3 does.Well I got to the Truck when my uncle told me he seen the Monster 160"+ about 80yds from my stand...Well luckily he left before I got down.He showed me another buck he was watching....and guess what...It was the 130" I named "Texan"..Well that was my day!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where did you hit the deer chase? An arrow covered in blood means that you hit something serious, and it went into the main body of the deer. No doubt you killed it. What kind of set up are you using? Broadheads and what not?

As to everyone shooting a medicore or smaller than normal buck.... I agree that we would likely win, but I have 400 acres, 8 hunters, and we are trying to trophy manage... if I (and I am the biggest trophy nazi in our club) were to shoot anything less than about a 125" deer, I'd get drawn and quartered. We are fining people by the pound ($2/lb) for deer with less than 7 points and/or a 15" spread (unless the deer is aged at 4 or older... IE Management deer). That pertains only to bucks of course....
Old 10-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

PSE Bruin
Wolverine Arrows
Crimson Talon Broadheads
Sims Modular Stabilizer
Trophy Ridge Ridgehunter Quiver
Top Gun Archery F-16 sight
CAP Whisker Buscuit

Why do you need that?

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.