Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:23 PM

Default RE: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

I'm hoping they are just camera shy.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

lets hope so.[8D]
Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 PM

I guess I should explain a little, huh?

The bushes and scrub that you see in the pics is exactly what the cleared/plot area looked like 2 months ago. Iscouted in this area and there are trails and sign everywhere, it's just SO thick, it's practically unhuntable. I wanted to find a way to hunt it. So I went in with a tractor and bushogged some shooting lanes. I know that for this season it might not produce much after doing this, but I'm really hoping this will be a great spot for future seasons. I still have my other stand location but I've been trying to leave it alone as much as possible until I get up there to hunt. It's on the slope of a creek bank next to some of that thick stuff likein the pics, and it's surrounded by white oaks. I had a camera in there last year,and I think I was disturbing the area too much. My two areas are about a mile apart.

I just had to try something new and different. Nearly everytime one of my lease members (mostly gun hunters)sees a deer it's coming out of and going toward that thick stuff. I scouted in areas away from everyone else as much as possible and really never could come up with a stand or blind location where I could see farther than 5 or 6 feet. I know that the deer are moving through that stuff, I just have to find a way to bowhunt them. I finally came up with the idea of making my own area. Hopefully it will work out for me one day.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checkin in! Had login problems for a while. Looks like the computer is on the fritz. Season opens this Saturday (10/6)... hoping to put the girlfriend on a deer of some sort. Dove and goose hunting was good in the early season.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pics guys..nice ugly hog....lol! Season opens tomorrow! I still have to pick up my bow and sight it in,but my season is 4 months long...so 1 week won't hurt me too bad...except during school when I'm day-dreaming of a nice buck!!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

you guys seen Bear's new bows??

I like the Truth2 & Done Deal

and Trophy Ridge came out with new stuff check them out www.trophyridge.com

Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Chase,
I'm using a cobra sidewinder sight and I'm hunting in heavy woods and have no problems with seeing the pins. I'm also using the QAD rest and like it alot.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard a lot of good things about Cobra and QUAD...I'm going with the Boomslang and Ultra Rest!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a good choice. I think there is sooooo much good stuff out there that it just has alot to do with personal preferance. Went out last evening and had a shot at a doe but she was too young [1 1/2yr]. A mature doe was hung up in the brush 25 yrds from me but I just couldn't get a clean shot. Oh well. At least I saw deer the first night out. I need to take 2 more doe out of the herd this year to try to get the buck to doe ratio right.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 PM

sounds like we had the same day hunting I also had a nice big doe behind some brush and a smaller one running all around me at 15 yards, I thought I would wait on the bigger one,, to get in a clear spot,,,and ended up with ZIP!!!!!!!![:@]

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.