Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread >

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 32-Official Team 32 Thread

Well guys, be praying for me. I just signed up for the big archery tournament in Dothan, AL this weekend. $100 entry fee.My youth minister paid my entry fee in exchange for half the winnings, should I actually place.I told you guys I've been in good formlately. As a matter of fact I've never shot this well before in my life. I've won some small local tournaments and somelittle club tourney's a few years ago, but I got this trykon a few months ago and have fallen in love.

Anyway, I hope not to embarras myself with the other shooters. I have to buy a new dozen arrows tomorrow, because I only have 10 matching right now and the rules say I need a dozen. That's fine...all my wife needs to hear is another excuse for buying more arrows. She's great though. She just can't understand why I can't put the 6 left over from a few years ago with 8 from last year to make a good 14. Anyway, I won't have time to put my "onestringer" wraps on them. They're going to look so plain Jane for the tourney.

I'll shoot Saturday at 9:30 a.m.

My 6 year old just woke up...he's got an ear infection. ...Again pray for us!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck man.....tell us results..and "Get Well Soon" for your son!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

thanks chase. He's already better. I guess the weekend at the lake left a little water in his ear.

I bought some new gold tip xt's today and am wrapping and fletching them tonight. I'll let you guys know how the shoot comes out.

Swamp, the new bow looks nice...sorry the GA hunt didn't work out.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck Arjuna. DRILL'EM!!!
Well I checked my new Moultrie I40 Game camera and it dosen't appear to be working right.[:@] The 2 pics from when I put it out of myself checking it @ 40 ft. looked good. After that when I checked it yesterday the display was flashing and it won't let me access the menu. I hate when that happens.
Man the weather here has been wild. We have had more bad storms come thru in a short time then I can remember. I can't get to one of my tree stands to put a camera out because it has 3 1/2 ft of water around it. Oh well I guess it'll dry out sooner or later.
Chasebaker. I don't use those product but that's just because I haven't tried them yet. I'm always open to free stuff. It sounds good to me.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Wow... I better get on the ball... I have been off line with regards to hunting websitesfor a week or so and it took me 20 mins to catch up on the last 5,6,7 pages of posts that out team has put out there. Been real busy with work and my wife is opeing a new business. Iwas responsible forsecring and negotiating the lease and getting funding. Almost done with that settle on the loan Tuesday and singn the lease tonight... That makes me a free man...

Hunting season is going to be crazy for me this year but I will get it in... I was on my farm on the eastern shore this past weekend and put out two trail cams. I have never put cameras out down there so i am real excited to see what I get. I have 2g cards in there so i could get over 2000 pics on each camera. I would like to have them back next week sometime. I really want to get them in a spot closer to home.

I have been seeing deer and getting real excited about bowhunting. Three weeks from tomorrow. I saw a post earlier that someone recognized me as a waterfowler... And I am!!!! But I also love me some bowhunting!!!! I hope to post a few pics next week from my trail cam.

Ill be online more often from here on...

Chasebaker thx for all the organization...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

no problem....yea 2footroper. Its good motovation(sorry can't spell). If anyone gets one on film I'll def. send something out if I can have Rights to it(film).
Old 08-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

but as long as you worry about shooting it then filming it..!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM

Well, I'm back from my lease, unfortunately. I really don't like leaving that place, but I have to work, right? Anyway, I didn't do much riding around looking for deer, just a lot of work. I got my seed planted so I'm hoping it gets a little rain. I planted the Biologic Hotspot. It is supposed to start growing rather quickly and I hope it does. If it does start sprouting I'll be moving my camera from my hog spot to my plot spot to see what might be sniffin around. My season starts Sept. 29th and my neck is starting to swell a little. Speaking of hogs though, I recently staked down my feeder legs at my hog spot. Well those suckers are getting extremely smart! They keep knocking the wires for my solar panel to my camera off so my battery goes dead. Then they go to work on the feeder. Somehow, that I still can't figure out, they raised 2 of the stakes about a foot up and also pulled one of the legs off of the leg bracket. This caused the feeder to lean just enough so the corn would slide off the spinner and empty the drum. They must've had a coon working in conjuction with them to get that leg off the bracket![:@] With the camera battery dead, I have no evidence of the culprit. However, I'm determined to have pork chops on the grill VERY soon!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I havnt posted in a while, been busy with the flood waters here in ohio. We got it pretty bad where i live but where i work was the worst (Findlay).I couldnt get to work for 2 days and beendoing alot of clean up.Trail cam has been out for another week and going to check it after work today. And i found out last week that our landowner who lets us hunt, also let a young boy hunt and he put a stand up where we usually have ours and he is supposed to be on the other side of the property. I cant decide to tell him to move it or just say hey no biggie just let me know when your hunting so i dont walk by it on the way in and out. The last thing i want to do is scare the kid. Maybe i can get a new hunting buddy. My dad is starting to lose more and more interest each year. Ive been pushing him really hard but the passion just isnt there like it used to be 7 or 8 years ago. He still has no problem downing a nice buck every year though, lol.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM

RisnerPSE, sorry to hear about all that bad weather y'all've (double conjuction) been getting. Prayers go out to ya.

Quick Reply: 32-Official Team Freakdaddys Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.